Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

:) well, my fiesta turned out to be a focus 1.8tdci ghia 2003, its got high miles but its got full history last service aug 12, every receipt right down to bulbs, full year mot 6 months tax, so i hope that it will do me in good stead,

there are a couple of things, :blink: the reverse light dont work, ive changed the bulb but nothing, i will try and test to see if there is any power,(when this poxy weather lets up), and there is only 1 key, do i have to go to fords to get another key? and roughly how much are they,

:) but overall im quite happy with it, (at the moment),

<_< oh yeah and i just noticed there aint a jack, :angry: :angry:

By jack do you mean an aux jack point? If so its an easy fix, I've done it myself. :).

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ippy

ippy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: ian
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x auto
  • Year: 2004
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

its got an aux jack point i meant a jack to lift the car, but on the way home today i give it a bit of welly it was all fine no probs pulling away and getting up a head of steam (within the legal speed limits of course) :angry: but when i was nearly home the glow plug lite (the curly whirly one) started to flash and i think it went into limp mode cos it wouldnt go over 3000 revs so i took it steady got home switched it off waited a while started it back up no lite flashing and it revved higher, wot could this be? i just hope i aint bought a lemon,

thanks for info on the key i'l look into that when i get this glow plug thing sorted <_<

#18 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Tbh I really love Corsa's, sorry but I don't get the hate here? I know this is a Ford forum but there's no denying the Corsa has it's merits, I think people need to step back and just chill. They're amazing cars, up-side down stuck in a ditch.

#19 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta zs

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

PMSL!! "They're amazing cars, up-side down stuck in a ditch."

#20 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

First VXR Corsa I ever saw was up-side down in a ditch, stuck ever since :P

#21 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,826 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Best place for the hateful things.
Pulled two for speeding yesterday.
Very happy.

#22 ippy

ippy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

nice 1 stoney, where abouts is the switch on the box, do i have to get under the car or can i get to it from above,

cheers ;)

#23 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,826 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

nice 1 stoney, where abouts is the switch on the box, do i have to get under the car or can i get to it from above,

cheers ;)

Have a look at this-

Attached File  Mk1 1.5 reverse light switch locations.pdf   240.61KB   42 downloads

#24 ippy

ippy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

:) :) excellent, thanks m8 i'l have a look at that at the w/end, its having oil service and checkup on fri i might ask my garage if they wouldnt mind having a quick look at it for me ;)

#25 GJC

GJC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Econetic
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

To be honest my 1st car was a 1.0 Nova, the very base model. Went fine, did it have issues, occasionally yes but it was a 7 year old car when I got it and I kept it 6 or so years, nothing major but just annoyances. Then I had a Fiat Bravo for 10 years, again not a lot of trouble till it got on in years, then the niggles got to a point when it annoyed me and it was time to change. The Fiesta's now 2 1/2 and I fully expect it to run for another 6-8 years before it starts to get niggles. Long and Short.. no car is perfect and they all start to have issues as they get older...

#26 massao

massao

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: massao
  • Ford Model: 1993
  • Year: 1993

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have
owned Corsa B 1993 1.4 Swing for the last 21 years. The car is pretty
economical, and very reliable. In the last 21 years, these are all the repairs,
in addition to regular service items.

3 times timing belts replaced

2 times fan belts replaced

1 time radiator cap replaced

2 times back exhaust replaced

1 time calipers replaced

1 time plug cables and coil cable replaced

1 time hand brake wire replaced

1 time rotor replaced

1 time thermostat replaced

1 time lamdasonde replaced

1 time heating element in one front seat replaced

Notice that nothing needed to be done about the rust, shocks, suspension, wheel bearings, radiator,
dynamo, steering, other electrical stuff etc.

There is some rust underneath the doors, but not on chassis, and the parts checked at EU

Control/MOT

I am very
interested in knowing from others if your car (regardless of manufacturer) has
given you less, or more problems than Corsa b in similar time period?

#27 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well, most people in the UK change their cars before 21 years, the winters can be hard here, with salt on the roads, wet summers, many roads are full of pot holes/ speed bumps that ruin the tyres, wheels, suspension, parts and labor can be very expensive, MOT is strict - all contributing to encourage motorists to replace their cars

As an example, some early Japanese and european cars (Mitzibushi, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, off the top of my head) were supplied to the UK without underseal/ rust protection, they were practically rusting on the Showroom forecourt, within 2 years or less they were "rust buckets" , they would have been fine in their home country, but unsuitable for the British climate, you see old cars in (for example) California and Cuba in amazingly good condition = climate

Corsas (used to have anyway) rubbish steering/ handling/ ride, they were cheap cars made down to a price not up to a standard, they seem to be designed by commitee/ bean counters for people that did not like cars (like a product eg, a washing machine or a lawn mower)

If you look and many oif the members on this forum, they are very knolegable about their cars, and very enthusiastic about their Fords, with many modifications / enhancements and persolal touches added - (they are Car of Ford enthusiasts - the car is more than a way to get from a - to b, more than a disposable consumer product, driving is more than a chore that needs to be done)

On top of that, like-for-like, in general a Ford tends to be a better drivers car, often with better steering, handling and ride, and a better build quality (than eg, a Vaxhall or a French car)

Fords are often easier to get parts for and often hold there value or are more desirable in the second-hand market than some other cars

Moral - Even if i had to fix it more and spend more i would rather drive a Ford than a C***a :lol:        

#28 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Name: Kiefer
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Fiesta! Had both and corsas will do nothing but cost you money to put right! Trust me

I agree with this. Had a Corsa D (07) and seriously. Problem after problem after problem. I had overheating issues, head gasket gone, lack of power and countless cracker pipes. On an 07 car? Stuff that, I got an 09 MK7 last Nov and she's still going strong.

#29 ippy

ippy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

:driving:  well,, after sorting out the issues ive had, 4x new injectors,(fords) 1x air pipe (fords) (the big 1 that goes to the turbo) a brake vacum pipe,(fords) 4x new glow plugs, (champion), a LITTLE bit of stress she's running like a new car :wub:   

while i was having this work done they kindly lent me a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a corsa 2004 i think it was a 1.3 and it made my mind up i can tell you wot a load of :censored:  :censored:  :censored: ,, so although im 1700 quid lighter in the bank im glad i went FORD,  :)

#30 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

:driving:  well,, after sorting out the issues ive had, 4x new injectors,(fords) 1x air pipe (fords) (the big 1 that goes to the turbo) a brake vacum pipe,(fords) 4x new glow plugs, (champion), a LITTLE bit of stress she's running like a new car :wub:   

while i was having this work done they kindly lent me a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a corsa 2004 i think it was a 1.3 and it made my mind up i can tell you wot a load of :censored:  :censored:  :censored: ,, so although im 1700 quid lighter in the bank im glad i went FORD,  :)

Exactly

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users