• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 j200shx

j200shx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi I have a ford fiesta 2009 shape and was wondering what you all make of the heaters on your car?
mine is the 1.4 tdci and has the manual heating not the fancy climate control,
but for my car to stay at a fairly comfotable temperature and i stress the word comfortable not hot i need to keep the heaters on blower number 3 and red hot anybody else have this problem?
or are all your heater good?
thanks josh

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Mine gets warm fine, the coldness of the air-con is crap though.

#3 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Love mine! I got the auto air con option and haven't looked back, bar when it cycles every 30 seconds or so the lights dim for a slit second if the cars not under power.
I love getting in at the moment, pressing one button only and I get front and rear demisters and full screen demist on, then turn the auto mode on once it's warmed up.

#4 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

My 1.6 tdci zs only seems to be like that when the cars not moving but once its going its brilliant leave it on setting 1 and about half heat

#5 gwhite73

gwhite73

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 - 2012 (1.4 tdci 68)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I too notice the same with my 1.4 tdci, I have to have the heat set on maximum and the blowers on at least 2 or 3 to get any sort of decent heating out of it. Perhaps it's the diesels that seem to suffer from this?

In my old Mk6 petrol it would be roasting if you had the heat on full. The air con doesn't seem to blow as cold as it did in the Mk6 either...

#6 StewartM

StewartM

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec 3 Door

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

The heater on my 1.25 petrol is good.

I note that using ETIS to check specs, the pre-facelift Mk7 diesels don't seem to have a PTC heater, but I put in the reg numbers of a couple of facelifts with Ecoboost and it suggests they get PTC. I wonder if the facelift diesels will get them as well ?

#7 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

The heater on my 1.25 petrol is good.

I note that using ETIS to check specs, the pre-facelift Mk7 diesels don't seem to have a PTC heater, but I put in the reg numbers of a couple of facelifts with Ecoboost and it suggests they get PTC. I wonder if the facelift diesels will get them as well ?

Whats a PTC heater?

#8 StewartM

StewartM

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec 3 Door

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

PTC is Positive Temperature Co-efficient. A ceramic based element in the heater unit whose resistance increases with temperature and is to a large degree self-regulating. On a freezing morning you can have warm air 30 secs after start up, hot air by 2 minutes.

Very common on diesels because they take so much longer to warm up and starting to appear on Direct Injection Petrols for the same reason, a lot cheaper than a diesel fired heater and simpler and more energy efficient than a heating element in the coolant. ( Referring to one powered by the car's electrical system after start up, not one which plugs into the mains and can pre-heat the engine.)

#9 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

PTC is Positive Temperature Co-efficient. A ceramic based element in the heater unit whose resistance increases with temperature and is to a large degree self-regulating. On a freezing morning you can have warm air 30 secs after start up, hot air by 2 minutes.

Very common on diesels because they take so much longer to warm up and starting to appear on Direct Injection Petrols for the same reason, a lot cheaper than a diesel fired heater and simpler and more energy efficient than a heating element in the coolant. ( Referring to one powered by the car's electrical system after start up, not one which plugs into the mains and can pre-heat the engine.)

Thanks mate. Sounds like a very good system, wonder if the ST has it??

#10 fnkymnky

fnkymnky

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I had issues about a year ago with the heat only blowing when the car was moving - the air would blow cooler when stationary. Took it in for a full service and it seemed to have been sorted!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users