Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

tomo2001

Mk3 Titanium X Owners - Potential Xenon Headlight Issue

32 posts in this topic

I'm not too bothered either but just noticed it when car was defrosting the other day. Thought it might have been after work by Ford dealer.

Hi, I am still going to bring this up with the dealership when the car is due its second service in september though, by then maybe they have found the fix...

Hi, I am still going to bring this up with the dealership when the car is due its second service in september though, by then maybe they have found the fix...

I'll check mine see if they flicker on side light mode

Was sat in the petrol station today and while waiting behind a black car I noticed the drl slight flicker on left side, so began to play a bit as the heaters and dips were on. Turned heaters off to start with and they stopped, heaters on they start, dips off heaters on they stop, dips on heaters off still ok so started the heated seats seams ok, flicked on front window heater the drl dims switch back off the brighten up again. Must be a power drain thing so until they actually fail or flicker constantly I doubt ford will do anything. On the plus side if do go into dealer about it I can hopefully make them flicker on que.

The item was posted more as a matter of interest rather than as specific help Tomo 2001 and might be relevant for readers who are keen to upgrade their cars in this way. It illustrated to me, at least, the interaction of various components in modern cars - doctors would I suppose call it the 'holistic' approach!

Apologies if I posted in the incorrect area but I thought it would link in with topic under discussion.

Sorry to show my ignorence but what are DRL's ?

Regards

John

I would like to thank all the members who responded to my question above. As I say "I would like to".

I have now worked it out for myself.

I would like to thank all the members who responded to my question above. As I say "I would like to".

I have now worked it out for myself.

I am happy to hear you have worked this out for yourself. :)