Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car 2008 / 57 Plate Focus 1.8 Tdci Zetec Climate Rattle

chrisrhondda

Hi all finally got round to changing my much cherished mk 1.5 Focus Chic and have upgraded to a 57 plate 1.8tdci.

I have to say I think my new motor is Fantastic and the performance and economy is amazing comparfed to my 1.6 zetec previously.

I wanted to ask a quick question if possible, from around 1-2000 revs i noticed a very faint like vibration or rattle seems to be from centre of dash, anything above 2000 rpm and theres nothing anyone ever had anything like this ?

Be really greatfull for any feedback thanks chris

Rattles are one of the most difficult things to locate due to sounds bouncing of hard surfaces like the windscreen. Get a passenger to try to pin point the rattle for you, don't try to do it yourself whilst driving.

I had an intermittent one, drove me mad! Then one day, I had the bonnet up, turned on the engine, there it was the rattle. Was the engine cover rattling on the plastic pipes at the front. Seated the cover properly, jobs a good'un!

I had a rattle at similar revs.

Turned out it was the plastic surround on my aftermarket stereo. Took it off, no more rattle!

Things have a specific frequency, and if the engine revs match that frequency it'll rattle

Sounds obvious, but it may be as simple as something in your glovebox, so clear that out and see if its still there.

If you can't find it, turn the radio up!

Thanks so much for your replies so far much appreciated, i'm getting the timing belt done tonight so gonna have agood look around then :)