Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

duluxdoggy

Front Wipers

9 posts in this topic

hi, i have my 02 focus TDDi,m i put it in for the mot last week and one of the things it failed on was the wipers not returning to the home position after i turn turn them off. i have owned the car a year almost and it came witth a 12 month mot. so i dont know how they passed it last time, so i have replaced the wiper switch/stalk. no change, replaced the motor with one from a breakers, no change, unlikely to have 2 parts with the same fault surely? im kinda stuck now due to my cars mot expiring in 3 days... please help. is it a fuse? cant find my Haynes.

welcome along duluxdoggy.

Where do the wipers return to? I know you say not home, but is that "not home but dang close" or "they stand upright" or "they do what they like, when they like"?

welcome along duluxdoggy.

Where do the wipers return to? I know you say not home, but is that "not home but dang close" or "they stand upright" or "they do what they like, when they like"?

hi, if i move the switch to the stopped position during the cycle the wipers just stop wherever they are. if i press the lever down to initiate a single pass of the blades i have to hold it down untill the blades are 'home'

Could it be the wiper relay?

Could it be the wiper relay?

im waiting to hearr back from my local ford dealer now. he is not sure of what relay i need, he thinks it is £60... the other problem is that i need to un-bolt the fuse box to get access to it but i dont have a socket that small (grrr)

I'm not sure if they are similar, but I had exactly the same problem with another car and it was the motor

fixed, turned out it was the relay. £24 +vat

just glad it will now get through the mot, was panicking a bit

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I've got the same problem, do you know what relay it is? Did you get yours from Ford? Where does it go and was it easy to fix?

Steve