• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tanktop3

Tanktop3

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hi as any one got a parts list for a focus mk2.5 08 1.6 tdi as my Interior Light switch is not working drivers side door, spray the lock with WD40 but no joy i know that some were round the lock, would be nice to see what i am looking for. many thanks Brian.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,758 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi as any one got a parts list for a focus mk2.5 08 1.6 tdi as my Interior Light switch is not working drivers side door, spray the lock with WD40 but no joy i know that some were round the lock, would be nice to see what i am looking for. many thanks Brian.

Hi Brian,
Would be cheaper to try ebay for the part mate,
Have you tried fuses first.

#3 Tanktop3

Tanktop3

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thanks Lenny will look at the fuse, but all the other door work so is they a fuse for each door or 1 for all.

#4 Andy H Dibley

Andy H Dibley

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just searched this, proves me wrong as I thought the door ajar switches were proximity one in the door hinge area.

Anyway, a Ford tech has answered a similar question on one of those answer bank websites. He's replied saying not to use WD-40, instead use a carb or brake cleaner. I agree with this, as I've found WD-40 to really gum up locks.

He then goes on to say, open and shut the door a good ten times or so, wait and then see if its freed itself.

#5 Tanktop3

Tanktop3

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hi Andy I did this like you said and no joy, so when it warms up a bit will take the door a part, and have a look inside at the lock and switch. thanks any way for your reply.

#6 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,041 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

If you hold the rear demister switch in as you start the car you should enable a button test phase.
The car will beep when any button is pressed and should flash the indicators too.
Should also signal the door switches operating as well.
To cancel the button test you need to follow the same procedure. (car off, press demister and start again.)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users