Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Mist Jets

Jwsturner

What is the best way of wiring the mist jets as a retro fit?

Wire them into the heater windscreen I assume you only want them to stop icing up in the cold not spray hot water all the time

How can you tell if the standard ones are heated or not as I've just ordered mist non hearted ones. They won't start icing over will they one?

Not they won't start icing up as long as you keep the antifreeze topped up and the way to tell is if you remove your bonnet insulation (few plastic rivets) there will be wires and plugs to the washers

Rule of thumb is usually that if you don't have a heated front screen you don't tend to have heated nozzles.

Available for retrofit are devices from AlphaTherm and HotShot which heat the water before it gets to the nozzle, not very cheap but quite nifty.

i have a heated front screen so maybe i would have heated nozzles then. do you think if i fit non heated one it will cause an issue?

Nope and just because you have a heated screen doesn't mean you have heated washer justs my zs has heated screens but not jets might be a titanium thing

Mine's a Titanium and doesn't have the wiring for heated jets, hence the initial question. I think this is another example of Fords cost cutting, like not offering heated seats.

Is there much benefit to mist nozzles as opposed to the standard jets I have on mine?

Just a better spread of water and you use less water not noticed any other benefit

thats cool they use less water. when i went to order them from ford i asked about heated ones and they said my mk7 will not have them. i have a style + with heated WS, air con and all the little odd cons like heated wing mirrors so i thought the jets would be too. never mind lol, dont now what im missing out on if i aint got them now lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club