int0x13

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Jul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0L 136HP
  • Year: 2007

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

Hello, i was wondering, is there a difference about the effects of EGR blanking with a 2.0 TDCI 136 (FOCUS /C-MAX/KUGA...)?

I just disabled mine at 70000km. I've read sometime it could be bad to disable EGR, there is somtime debates on this subject. What is your opinion?

My car:

Ford Focus MK2 2007 2.0L TDCI 136.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

Hello, i was wondering, is there a difference about the effects of EGR blanking with a 2.0 TDCI 136 (FOCUS /C-MAX/KUGA...)?

I just disabled mine at 70000km. I've read sometime it could be bad to disable EGR, there is somtime debates on this subject. What is your opinion?

My car:

Ford Focus MK2 2007 2.0L TDCI 136.

The long term effects of EGR blanking are -

1 - the EGR cannot fail, so the car is more reliable

2 - the inlet manifold/ EGR and associated components stay clean/ carbon free (they dont get "gunged" up)  

3 - the car is more efficient (so better performance/ economy) - so in the long run, better for the enviroment because in the lifetime of the car, less fuel in used

4 - there is less smoke from the exhaust with a solid plate fitted, so cleaner MOT emmisions and if you have a DPF, it lasts longer, before needing a regen, cleaned, or replaced

5 - i run a 2002 car, i fitted a EGR delete kit (of my own design) in about 2005, - thats 9 years ago, the car still has its original turbo, injectors etc etc, the engine is tuned/ modified from 113hp to 160+ - if anyone knows about the long term effects on EGR blanking, its me

6 - many FOC forum members have now blanked their EGRs, and reported positive results

Go ahead, fit a solid plate - its better for your car, you, your pocket, the enviroment, in the short term AND long term       

#63 int0x13

int0x13

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Jul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0L 136HP
  • Year: 2007

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Ok thank you for your intesting informations. So what i will remember , its the same story for a focus mk2 1.8 and 2.0L Blanking EGR is always a good thing with any engine. I was wondering because the 2L is a Peugeot engine , not ford engine.

#64 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Ok thank you for your intesting informations. So what i will remember , its the same story for a focus mk2 1.8 and 2.0L Blanking EGR is always a good thing with any engine. I was wondering because the 2L is a Peugeot engine , not ford engine.

Fitting a solid EGR blanking plate has advantages for any DIESEL engine, Ford PSA etc

With the advantages of the inlet staying clean, less smoke from the exhaust better performance/ economy, turbo spools faster, etc (turbodiesel), on any diesel engine   

Some can be fitted with no problem, on others, the engine management light may come on, some owners choose to run their cars with the solid plates anyway, and ignore it or reset the light with a code reader

There was talk about "limp home mode" being triggered due to a solid plate being fitted, but this was forum scaremongering,(when asked, nobody had this actually happen, they had "heard" about it on an online forum) a faulty (eg- sticking open) EGR valve would cause this, (or a plate with holes beong fitted on a car with a faulty EGR valve) a solid plate would prevent this, a solid plate "fixes" a leaking/ jammed EGR valve by effectively disabling the EGR valve/ system       

#65 IINexusII

IINexusII

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 304 posts
  • Name: James May
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

i used to stall my car  in the mornings when pulling away from traffic lights, since fitting the egr plate ive never stalled since

#66 damadgeruk

damadgeruk

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Another happy EGR blank user here, fitted to the wife's '59 1.6TDCi 110 Euro5 and it drives much nicer for it. No hesitation pulling away - always had a nasty dead spot. Still to do my '58 1.6TDCi 90 Euro4 though it doesn't have the same 'need'.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users