Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Passenger Fuse Box Layout

dogdays1

Help

My cigar lighter that powers my satnav socket has stopped working. Strangely the boot auxilary still has power, its just the !Removed! lighter thats down The owners hand book has the wrong fuse board in it compared with my Diesel Estate and its dark and cold outside. Can anyone post a layout or give me the amperage and colour of the fuse that's gone.

Why are Ford so stupid

Have a look at the links below my signature.

There is a link to the relevant fusebox layout there.

I posted the link as I've had that problem too (Haynes shows the wrong one too).

And by the way- welcome to the forum.

Alas my estate is fitted with a different fuse box unit. The box in the link is the one in the manual supplied with the car. Mine is white plastic and the fuses are mounted in vertical lines.The car is registered on a 07 plate in March. I also suspect that as the rear boot socket is still live that a lower amperage fuse is protecting the cigar lighter socket. But where and what amperage?

I think you must mean this style fusebox then?-

DSC_0026.jpg

In that case this is the fuse location-

F109position.jpg

According to the fuse listing the front and rear sockets run from the same fuse, maybe the wire has come off the front socket or it has just packed up/corroded.

It may be worth pulling the socket out and checking it, replacement ones are dirt cheap on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cigarette-Lighter-Base-Socket-/230904254567?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c2f75067

Dear Stoney

Many thanks. Yes my car is a Style. The picture you sent is correct and that's the position of the fuse. I don't suppose you have a list of the other fuses on the board? I could then put it in the handbook so roadside breakdowns could be dealt with more easily. I did not realize that they fitted different fuse boards on the style, Pity the did not share this simple fact with their customers.

Reminds me of B.L in the good old days,they never knew what bits they fitted to the cars either. i remember an inner drive shaft boot cover, the manual said you could change it, but BL said that it had to be a new shaft. The bloke in the stores at the agent said " I wondered why we had bin full of them and never sold any"

Cheers

Further to fuse 109. Yes this put it right, and the Ford dealer admitted that the owners books do not have the correct fuse board shown. I got so cold I took it to Ford and they did it for nothing and gave me a cup of tea out I think of sympathy. The Ford mechanics tell me that this has been a problem on the Focus range. One hand book for all cars! I still doubt that fuse 109 powers the rear ancillary socket as this was live ( well it lit the led in the power connector, though leakage may do the same) with fuse 109 blown. It seems the wiring on the Focus is shrouded with mystery to even Ford technicians. I shouldn't be having this sort of problem as I have an I.E.E certificate, thus said automotive wiring diagrams are rather crap.

Good future luck to all members and many thanks to Stoney.

dogdays, are you leaving us so soon? feel free to stick around and pick up a few things! :)

No, not leaving as the car is now running OK again. Got to say though that I don't care much for manufacturers who issue the incorrect information with a car,especially if I have to work in the snow to try sort it out.

Ever owned a Toyota, boring car I know, but a very trouble free experience.

For the full fuse layout and values look to my signature again, i added a full list after i sorted out your pictures.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club