1 reply to this topic

#1 trev16185

trev16185

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo mk3 2.0 tdci euro 4 130 bhp
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have a rattle in my near side (pass side ) rear corner.. I had a had quick and seen straight away anti roll bar bushes were well worn so suppose jumping the gun said to myself there's my rattle..
Any how new bushes now fitted and still have a rattle in near side rear corner..

What's the best way to check subframe bushes and also can anyone give me other ideas as to what this can be..

Should maybe mention that It only seems to be there when drivin over a rough uneven surface.. For example a cobble road like you'd see on coronation street..lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,345 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I would suggest before you go stripping the car and forking out cash, start with the basics, check for anything like loose coins, or loose metal or objects that could be vibrating. We have seen it a few times where a rattle is nothing more than a coin in an unexpected place. so take the seats up, empty the boot and be sure that your stripping the car down with good cause!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users