talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI 2009
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi, not too sure what this could be, but I have noticed that if I am going up a slight hill, or large hill, doing around 2,000 rpm in 3rd gear, my focus is almost jerking back and fourth whilst moving up the hill. It is starting to get quite noticable and the only way to get rid of it is to put more pressure on the gas.

Any ideas as to what it could be? Doesn't seem to do it in any other gears.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,921 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

sounds fuel related to me.. lets see what other think

#3 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

sounds fuel related to me.. lets see what other think

Ok, thanks for your reply. I always get my diesel from Tesco and usually fill up when the range is about 60 miles. I don't top up here and there, I normally wait unitl it is quite low and fill it with one bang.

#4 isx600

isx600

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: 2007 Ford Focus 1.8TDCi Ghia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

At 1800RPM the turbo surges (more like a pause) just as the boost comes in and it starts to spool. If your having to press the peddle down and it clears the engine is getting the fuel it requires. Is the engine hot or cold when this happens and when last was it serviced, fuel filter replaced?

Try a different fuel brand. Personally I wound't run any fuel tank that low. What ever rubbish is at the bottom on the tank is just sent to the filters.

#5 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

At 1800RPM the turbo surges (more like a pause) just as the boost comes in and it starts to spool. If your having to press the peddle down and it clears the engine is getting the fuel it requires. Is the engine hot or cold when this happens and when last was it serviced, fuel filter replaced?

Try a different fuel brand. Personally I wound't run any fuel tank that low. What ever rubbish is at the bottom on the tank is just sent to the filters.

Hi, thanks for your post.
I have had the car for about 5 months from a Ford dealership. Not sure when the filter will have been changed but I was told it had had the full service when I bought it and 'everything' had been checked/replaced if needed and to be fair, it deed seem in very good nick when I got it, brake pads etc all looked like new, under bonnet was spotless, and I mean under the plastic engine covers. I notice it mainly when it is cold. It has done about 29k and it had 25k on the clock when I bought it, its a 59 plate.

You mention about not letting the fuel level run too low, what would be the minimum range you would allow yours to go down to?

#6 isx600

isx600

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: 2007 Ford Focus 1.8TDCi Ghia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

To be honest I'd ignore what your feeling, the engine is just cold. If it was doing it all the time I would get worried or start to find out why. I never go below a quarter tank but that's just me. My lower limit is halfway between empty and a quarter.

#7 jg321

jg321

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Jon
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2.5 1.6 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Currently got 33 miles left on my tank!

#8 jeffnat68

jeffnat68

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Name: Jeff
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 tdci estate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Personally I don't use supermarket fuel coz its crap.Well its full of bio additives and stuff to make it more green...Stick a few gallons of shell v power or bp ultimate in and see if it makes any difference...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users