Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Jordy Pulleyne

Installing A Subwoofer To A Fiesta Mk7

3 posts in this topic

I have a subwoofer and and amp with a wiring kit. Can I install it to my fiesta as it is or do I need to make modifications?

Not really.

You will need to feed your "live" wire (red one) either through the bulkhead (should be a plastic cap over a small hole on the passenger side footwell of the car) or feed it under the wing and into the car.

You will have to take the door sill off and feed the wires under the carpet.

Make sure your phono cables are ran along the opposite side of the car away from the Live cable to save on interference.

Best place for the "Earth" cable would be the bolts on the lower boot latch.

IMO I would mount the amp and sub on a piece of fitted wood and drill in place to save it knocking around.

Hope this helps

Yeah I mean connecting the audio and remote cables to the head unit, is that as simple as fitting to an aftermarket one?