Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 Petrol Ti-Vct P0016 Fault Code

aliislekzade

hi everyone , ı have ford focus 2006 mk2 Ti-VCT petrol engine car ,while driving the car , engine check light come on , i look it from computer its says

P0016 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)

i cleared it , after 2 days its come back, i change cam sensors at top of engine , and light was gone off, after 1 week its come back, then i drive my car under 3000rpm and light was gone off , yesterday ı drive my car at 4500rpm and light comes on back :/

what is problem ? what can i do ? :((

and engine is working little noisly

sorry my english..

thanks you..

but where is it ? can you put picture for me . thanks

also i look to timing belt but its ok , and look good , and tight. so what can ı do :/

but when i drive my car fast (more than 3500rpm ) lights come on :( when i drive under 3500rpm light gone off...

what is this ??? what happened to my car ???

probably the sensor, it will be where the gearbox joins to the block as it takes a reading from the fly wheel

ok thanks, i will chance it tomorrow.

and the other problem is engine's irregular working when car is cold , but sparks are new, and i look them, there is noting wrong with them.

is there any electrical problem about ignition ?? what can ı change or how can i repair it ??

thank you very much...

is there any relationship between engine's irregular working when cars engine is cold and Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation problem ??

needs to go to ford when i had that issue it was the ti vct hydraulic cam needed replaced the car will keep going into limp mode each time the ti vct tries to kick in its not the sensors its a general fault with the cam its not cheap though i believe parts alone were around £400 as you need a new cambelt kit fitted as well as the hydraulic cam .

the fault is caused when the hydraulic oil feed to the cam gets blocked or develops a fault a replacement is the only option and no its not a job you could do youreself if yore lucky its the ti vct solenoid theres one bolted to the left of each of the cams these are expensive so ide still say take it to the dealer the noise is because the ti vct cams arent in time and therefore cause the noise

thank you very much ,

can you give me parts name that i need?

can i buy this from eBay ?

because ford garage is very very expensive in my country :(

because 1 part in eBay is £15 , but same part in my country £100 :(

you dont understand it has to go to a dealer they have to run the diagnostics on the hydraulic ti vct cam to see if its operating then test the solenoids which you cant do at home there is no point replacing the solenoid until you know if it is that as there are 2 of them ive already searched eBay and as i suspected the solenoid is a dealer only part and if it was the hydraulic cam then only a dealer knows or understands how to re[air it im afraid you have no choice

thank you very much..

i will go to ford next week , and i will tell them fault code , and i will see whats the problems amount :(

i will write it here.

i hear that there is some engine cleaner , thats you put it in engine oil ,and run engine , and then change all oil from engine , its clean the engine they said,

is it usefull for me ? in these condition

thanks for your helps... i will go ford garage next week

• 1 month later...

i solve it. it is from timing belt :) i change it , my car is ok now , and engine is perfect :)

timingbelt was orginal ford factory made time belt , from 2006 ;

first my car give P0420 Error Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

then it gave P0016 - Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)

after 3 monts its gave P0341 camshaft position sensor A/ Bank 1 CKT(circuit?) range performance fault and not starting,

thats all abaut old timingbelt , i changed it and its fixed, engine is perfect now.

thank u :)

The timing belt shouldnt be causing a fault code i dont think the problems solved and its still the hydraulic cam thats faulty the error codes suggest that or the ti vct cam controller the light usually comes back on eventually its off as they likely cleared the code

lights gone off by itself , we didnt clear it, i drive approximately 15km and light gone off while driving car.

and engine noise gone off after changing timebelt , its running like new car, no noise at engine.

they just change engine oil and timingbelt.

on the ti vct theres no link between a timing belt and a fault code unless the tensioner was faulty and replaced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club