Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ever since I've had my car (from new, 2 and a bit years now) the coolant level has remained at the midpoint, right where the join in the tank is. When I checked last week the level had dropped slightly and it was near the min mark. I've just checked again now and it's on if not slightly below the min line. I can't see any signs of leakage on the pipes or tank by looking down into the engine bay, but I'm guessing there is a leak somewhere and it's not just contracting because of the cold. I should probably take it into a garage, but is there anywhere else I can check for possible leaks?

Hopefully it's not in the heater matrix pipes and leaking inside the car or getting round the head gasket!

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 colin79666

colin79666

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Had a Fiesta Titanium 1.4
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Unscrew the oil filler cap. If coolant is getting in the oil (blown head gasket) then you can often see a white scum on the underside of the cap

Checked the coolant cap is on nice and tight, could be something simple like that.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users