1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MartynS

Coolant Leak

2 posts in this topic

Ever since I've had my car (from new, 2 and a bit years now) the coolant level has remained at the midpoint, right where the join in the tank is. When I checked last week the level had dropped slightly and it was near the min mark. I've just checked again now and it's on if not slightly below the min line. I can't see any signs of leakage on the pipes or tank by looking down into the engine bay, but I'm guessing there is a leak somewhere and it's not just contracting because of the cold. I should probably take it into a garage, but is there anywhere else I can check for possible leaks?

Hopefully it's not in the heater matrix pipes and leaking inside the car or getting round the head gasket!

Cheers

Unscrew the oil filler cap. If coolant is getting in the oil (blown head gasket) then you can often see a white scum on the underside of the cap

Checked the coolant cap is on nice and tight, could be something simple like that.