Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mist Jets

Pete80

Following on from a conversation in another thread fellow member Andy H Dibley posted a site that you can get the mist jets posted all in for just over 12 quid, well I decided to order a set yesterday and low and behold they have turned up today, now im not affiliated to this company at all just a happy customer,

Heres a pic of said items, excuse the ripped packaging I couldnt wait to open them up and take a peek

post-7030-0-29953700-1358975125_thumb.jp

Got mine just b4 they shot up in price, think they were only 3 quid each lol.

Following on from a conversation in another thread fellow member Andy H Dibley posted a site that you can get the mist jets posted all in for just over 12 quid, well I decided to order a set yesterday and low and behold they have turned up today, now im not affiliated to this company at all just a happy customer,

Heres a pic of said items, excuse the ripped packaging I couldnt wait to open them up and take a peek

Cheers for the credit, totally stumbled upon them by accident while looking for a spoiler. The downside is I ordered a set a couple of days before on eBay for much more than that...

Glad you got them for that price though! Enjoy, I think they're !Removed! excellent personally.

They should be compatible with a 55 focus CMAX shouldn't they...

At that price, I am strongly tempted!!

They should be compatible with a 55 focus CMAX shouldn't they...

At that price, I am strongly tempted!!

Im going to fit my jets tomorrow, so will take pics of my old ones and see if they match up to your ones mate

cheers Pete... At that price, I would be tempted just to say "begger it" and give it a go, but if I get it wrong, no doubt the wife will kill me :P

cheers Pete... At that price, I would be tempted just to say "begger it" and give it a go, but if I get it wrong, no doubt the wife will kill me :P

Is it the heated ones you need? Ive got a set of the non heated version winging their way to me which I have bought in error which I could sell on

Just fyi, the hole punched in my focus bonnet for the jets is the same as the one I had in my mondeo. Tbh, I think it's a used on all models part.

Yeah its heated for me I am afraid (or at least, as far as I know) I cant be bothered in the cold to strip off the lining and check though :P

Just fyi, the hole punched in my focus bonnet for the jets is the same as the one I had in my mondeo. Tbh, I think it's a used on all models part.

+1

The slot is the same on every car that has a slot for windscreen jets in the body work.

I say it like this because some cars have jets built in to the wipers.

Just an update, fitted the jets on friday they were easy to fit and now my wipers dont squeak when they first wipe so very pleased

Just an update, fitted the jets on friday they were easy to fit and now my wipers dont squeak when they first wipe so very pleased

Great stuff! I think they're pretty excellent. They do seem to deliver a lot more water to the screen than the standard ones. Also seem to never freeze up!

Great stuff! I think they're pretty excellent. They do seem to deliver a lot more water to the screen than the standard ones. Also seem to never freeze up!

Believe it or not the actually spray less fluid than standard units,

And spray foam type liquid which grips the dirt better.

So their more efficent in every way.

I now use Halfords pink ready mixed fluid, used along with the mist jets has great foaming results.

Ah well, all good then! I stand corrected! I guess it's a case of it being better distributed making it more efficient.

They do a great job though of shifting dirt. Especially at the moment road salt!

Sounds good but how good are they at motorway speeds do they still cover most of the screen?

Sounds good but how good are they at motorway speeds do they still cover most of the screen?

My personal experience with ising the mist jets at speed is;

I find the foam is better when driving at speed, it becomes more bubbly.

I use Halfords pink ready mixed windscreen wash in the system.

I need better wash,

Using prestone at the moment and it smears like crazy.

Jet washed screen and degreased with vinegar mix cleaner and the blades are only a couple of months old.

Even took the blades off and cleaned them in the sink (while Mrs stoney was at work of course) and still smearing.

Also never use Tesco eco screen wash, it's rubbish and leaves white residue on everything.

I need better wash,

Jet washed screen and degreased with vinegar mix cleaner and the blades are only a couple of months old.

Even took the blades off and cleaned them in the sink (while Mrs stoney was at work of course) and still smearing.

Also never use Tesco eco screen wash, it's rubbish and leaves white residue on everything.

Guy at work had continual smearing on his screen even after degreasing it, took him a while to realise his parking spot beneath a tree in the car park was giving him grief with that sap coming off it.

But yes, quality screw wash is a good point, also try and get as low a freezing point as possible.

I get a lot of road grime build up as I'm on a busy road that funnels most of the taxis to clubland.

Also a couple of trees so stuffed all the way. :D

I used to have some foaming spray cleaner for windscreens but can't remember what brand or even where I got it.

It was excellent, wet the screen and spray on and the grease lifted easily.

If only I could recall where I got the darn stuff.!

i use some screenwash solution from lidl, nice lemon fresh smell. i hate the normal screenwash smell.

I need better wash,

I use a product called barkeepers friend to degrease my windscreen/windows, its from sainsburys and its a powder product, I get a wet microfibre cloth and put some barkeepers friend on it then in circular motions keep going over the windscreen then rinse off with a hose, trust me it works very well ;)