Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 Front Passenger Head Rest Removal

mikeboy

Depressing the single adjustment button and pulling up with reasonable pressure does not release front passenger head rest any ideas please. I have a need to remove this occasionally when carrying long objects

• 11 months later...

Just bumping this year old post back up since I have the exact same question and it turned up in a search of the forum... I can push in the button at the base of the headrest and then pull it up but it'll only go so far and then stop solidly.

Can it be removed completely and if so how?

Looking at the handbook online it seems there's also retaining clip that has to be released. Can't quite make it out from the picture though!

Edit: seems that link is just to the manual itself - on the left click 'Seats' and then 'Head Restraints'

Looking at the handbook online it seems there's also retaining clip that has to be released. Can't quite make it out from the picture though!

Edit: seems that link is just to the manual itself - on the left click 'Seats' and then 'Head Restraints'

Thanks for the link although for some reason I the pictures won't download for me :(

Using this link did though so I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow for this mysterious retaining clip and suitable implement to release it.

hmm, neither link has images for me now, weird! Anyway, let us know how you get on :D.

I removed mine a while back and I thiiink there's a plastic tab on the other base that you have to push in

hmm, neither link has images for me now, weird! Anyway, let us know how you get on :D.

Weird, the pictures aren't downloading for me either now, oh well.

I removed mine a while back and I thiiink there's a plastic tab on the other base that you have to push in

Indeed there is a retaining clip, I used a match stick to press it in and then pressed the locking button on the other one and pulled the headrest up and off :)

The retaining clip and where you need to press it is arrowed:

post-41966-0-14913900-1390233848_thumb.j