Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta - Screen Wash Smells Like Rotten Eggs!

Destinyfiesta

Hi all. The screenwash in my Fiesta has started to smell pretty bad. Is there an easy way I can drain the water out without having to pump it all out? It looks like I'll have to clean the bottle out but I have no idea how I'm going to do that!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The usual way is to disconnect the pump from the bottom, remove the plastic filter and flush it all out with a hose.

You'll likely need to remove the wheel arch liner to get access.

Hi all. The screenwash in my Fiesta has started to smell pretty bad. Is there an easy way I can drain the water out without having to pump it all out? It looks like I'll have to clean the bottle out but I have no idea how I'm going to do that!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Debbie,

This problem is more common than you may think,

The easiest option is to drain the tank through normal use of the jets.

Then fill the bottle with 500ml of Chef Viniger, yes viniger preferably clear viniger, the same stuff you put on chips.

So pour in to the empty bottle 500ml viniger and top up with hot water, not kettle hot, just tap hot water.

Leave it to stand overnight

Dont use the washer jets until finished.

Next morning; open washer bottle as normal.

Insert garden hose and flush through for around 20 minutes, allowing hose water to flow out the top at pressure.

In effect,

The viniger breaks down lime and scum, built up inside the resivour,

The hose will then flush it all out through the lid,

Instead of it cloging your pipes/jets.

When complete,

Empty resivour via normal use through jets,

And fill tank with some ready mixed screen wash solution.

Please note.

When emptying resivour via pump through jets.

Do not keep jets active for more than 60 seconds without stopping for two minutes to allow pump to cool down.

If you run pump for constant runs, you could break the pump seals resulting in low pressure and 60pounds for a replacment.

Finally,

Wear gloves and wash your hands.

All washer bottles containing water for more than 3 months contain Maleria. FACT

And nobody wants to contract that.

No need to remove bottle or panels.

is it not legionella that can be found in stagnant water? A guy i worked with caught legionnaires disease from just walking past a pumping unit used to remove waste fluid from ships

is it not legionella that can be found in stagnant water? A guy i worked with caught legionnaires disease from just walking past a pumping unit used to remove waste fluid from ships

True Stef,

I got mixed up, botg severe V and D though lol

did you use a cleaned out milk bottle to fill up with water and put inside the washer bottle? i noticed its because of some of the milk mixing with tap water that used to cause my Corsa to have an eggy smell