Show
Photo

Anyone Know What This Part Is Called.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Then i am at a loss...

Surely its not oil pump??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: s-max

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have spent hours and hours on google to find where one of the pipe coming out of this strage kit would connect to. I will take some clear photos tomorrow.

#18 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,630 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Then i am at a loss...

Surely its not oil pump??

Im not sure to be honest, if you google mondeo mk3 coolant heater you will see the glow plug like device i would expect it too look like

#19 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,630 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have spent hours and hours on google to find where one of the pipe coming out of this strage kit would connect to. I will take some clear photos tomorrow.

does it smell of fuel or have any traces of coolant or oil?

#20 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,630 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

this part is something to do with oil...thats all i know so far

#21 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yes got to do something with oil.

We managed to get used part and fitted it. Do you know where the pipe shown in red circle connects? picture 2 shows same part broken.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130124_213910.jpg
  • 20130124_213959.jpg

#22 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,977 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I believe it's an evaporator solenoid valve.

#23 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I believe it's an evaporator solenoid valve.

Whats one of them when its at home?

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,977 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

It leads to an evap (carbon) cannister

#25 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

thought it would be much easier to look for the main part in order to find which pipe connects to it etc..

#26 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

It leads to an evap (carbon) cannister

Thanks for that. Do you also know what connects to that hole there?

#27 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

1/

The electric pre-heater (on a mk3 Mondeo ) is alloy, it is a straght "torpedo"-like tube with 3 electrical connectors (for the 3 heaters) it connects between the thermostat 19mm "heater" outlet and the cabin heater, it is located at the front of the floorpan/ scuttle (just about where the drivers' feet are but on the other side of the bulkhead) it is visible with the engine undertray fitted, from under the car.

it helps to warm the water/ coolant before it goes to the cabin heater

Some Mk3s had deisel- burning heaters instead (for cold climates - eg for Scandanavian countries etc) the mk3s always had a over- cooling/ not producing enough heat problem - thats why iv'e fitted an (electronically controlled) electric waterpump to mine (and for other reasons) - ive removed my heater and some of the pipes as part of the conversion (don't need it because the electric waterpump only comes on when the engine is warmed up, and it warms up much quicker )

2/

The charcoal (carbon) evaporation canisters are fitted to petrol cars to prevent (or safely filter) petol/ fumes/ gasses escaping into the atmosphere from petol tanks on petrol cars and still allow the tanks to be vented (its another "emmisions" thing)
Its not really nessesary on a diesel (i think mine has a sealed tank with an "expansion chamber" built in to the top of the tank) but thats never stopped them fitting parts designed for petrol- engined cars onto deisels, that should'nt really be there (eg - EGR valves/ systems)

3/

I think it is the oil cooler/ seperator or an associated component

On the mk3 Mondeo diesel engine, there is a watercooled oil cooler on the bottom/ front of the engine, a small thermostat comes out of the side of the waterpump where it feeds a coolant hose then goes to the cooler/ seperator, there is another coolant hose that returns to the radiator

it is (part of) an oll cooler that uses the engines main coolant/ radiator, controlled by its own thermostat (not like a seperate oil cooler radiator like the ones on a race/ performance car )

so water (coolant) and oil runs through it - there should be a water coolant/ in/out and an oil in/out

Do i get a prize if im right? :)

#28 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

1/

The electric pre-heater (on a mk3 Mondeo ) is alloy, it is a straght "torpedo"-like tube with 3 electrical connectors (for the 3 heaters) it connects between the thermostat 19mm "heater" outlet and the cabin heater, it is located at the front of the floorpan/ scuttle (just about where the drivers' feet are but on the other side of the bulkhead) it is visible with the engine undertray fitted, from under the car.

it helps to warm the water/ coolant before it goes to the cabin heater

Some Mk3s had deisel- burning heaters instead (for cold climates - eg for Scandanavian countries etc) the mk3s always had a over- cooling/ not producing enough heat problem - thats why iv'e fitted an (electronically controlled) electric waterpump to mine (and for other reasons) - ive removed my heater and some of the pipes as part of the conversion (don't need it because the electric waterpump only comes on when the engine is warmed up, and it warms up much quicker )

2/

The charcoal (carbon) evaporation canisters are fitted to petrol cars to prevent (or safely filter) petol/ fumes/ gasses escaping into the atmosphere from petol tanks on petrol cars and still allow the tanks to be vented (its another "emmisions" thing)
Its not really nessesary on a diesel (i think mine has a sealed tank with an "expansion chamber" built in to the top of the tank) but thats never stopped them fitting parts designed for petrol- engined cars onto deisels, that should'nt really be there (eg - EGR valves/ systems)

3/

I think it is the oil cooler/ seperator or an associated component

On the mk3 Mondeo diesel engine, there is a watercooled oil cooler on the bottom/ front of the engine, a small thermostat comes out of the side of the waterpump where it feeds a coolant hose then goes to the cooler/ seperator, there is another coolant hose that returns to the radiator

it is (part of) an oll cooler that uses the engines main coolant/ radiator, controlled by its own thermostat (not like a seperate oil cooler radiator like the ones on a race/ performance car )

so water (coolant) and oil runs through it - there should be a water coolant/ in/out and an oil in/out

Do i get a prize if im right? :)

option 3 looks good to me. I went to ford this morning and they showed me this part on their system but couldn't find me hose coming out of this bit.

#29 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

showed it to a mechanic who charged me £40 and said this connects to the air filter box but we have just installed the air filter box and there is no such places where this part will connect.

we have one spare hole as pictured. Do these two bits connect together.

this part is connected behind the engine and numbers on it are

PA6-GF35 (matches with other part above)

AV61-9C623-B

N07011C160
N07011C170

#30 charikaar

charikaar

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

PA6-GF35 (matches with other part above)

AV61-9C623-B

N07011C160
N07011C170

Attached Thumbnails

• photo.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users