Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident Damage

Gham05

Got a bit of a dent in my fiesta! Still waiting back on hearing from Ford with a estimation on the extent of the damage! What do you people think, write off or fixable?

post-40273-0-56751700-1359062404_thumb.j

post-40273-0-87232300-1359062412_thumb.j

post-40273-0-06522200-1359062425_thumb.p

post-40273-0-87882900-1359062436_thumb.j

post-40273-0-09647200-1359062447_thumb.j

post-40273-0-29586100-1359062454_thumb.j

Ouch! that looks nasty, how did it happen? I've noticed you say it's a Zetec S, but the front bumper is from a Zetec?

Turning around in a car park, turned right and ended up going sidewards into a lamp post! Absolutely gutted, just hoping it's not a write off! Really? It's definitely a Zetec S

Too soon for the "It'll buff out" joke??

Seriously tho glad your ok... as for writeoff/fix... without knowing whats happened under the bodywork I doubt any of us can say!

Nipped into Halfords after, can of moondust silver and a tube of t-cut, should have it looking like new in no time ha ha! That's what i thought the response would be. Just hoping, it's minor damage under the body work. Main concern was the inner wing (i think that's what it's called! correct me if i'm wrong - to the right of the battery, seen in the 3rd image) Also how close the wheel is to the door hinge in the 5th image.

Ah gotcha, Chrome grill was an extra! Love this car to bits, hoping it can be fixed, even it does mean i lose my ncd

Hard to say, I'm on the fence about this, as far as body work is concerned, you need a new bumper, wing and bonnet, headlight and god light, with a repair on the door, what I can't quite tell is the damage to the strut tower, and the pieces the slam panels attach too, also can't tell what chasis damage has been done. I'm sort of migrating over to a cat D personally.

Was afraid it would be a cat d, sent a few of these images to a friend and he's said he same! What happens in the instance of a cat d, will the insurance essentially write it off completely?

Yes, it's an insurance write off. Can be rebuilt if whoever gets it off the insurance company deems it worth while to them, in which case it'd be indicated in the log book and then resold. If it's not worth it, which I'd kind of say isn't, it'd go to a breakers and has a tiny chance of being rebuilt if they have the parts but if it's damaged the main body of the vehicle it wouldn't be, more likely broken and the Shell crushed. I work at a breakers and see this all the time.

Cat C and D are able to be repaired, think C has to be proven roadworthy whereas D can just be fixed and sold on. Cat B has to be broken (which is P*** annoying! At work we have a mint Focus ST2, not a mark on it and is cat B due to flood damage, runs beautifully and is fine inside, not a single thing wrong with it; and today a Golf GT with 800 miles on it, cat B for same reason and mint -.-), then cat A which has to be crushed.

Also, doesn't matter if someone dies in the car, can be a cat D still lol.

I'll let you know the outcome from the insurance, Was hoping it wasn't going to be a write off, but had doubts! Just need to see what happens next and if it's declared a write off, what they'll pay out. Pretty gutted!

If it's a cat C or D then it's repairable but the Insurance Company may say that it's not economical to do so.

That inner panel can be pulled straight on a jig and bodywork can be repaired.

My car is a 2007 and the insurance company paid up for £1500 of damage caused by a prat wheelying motorbike into mine, if the bill is less than £3000 i reckon they'll cough up, any more than that and it's doubtful tbh.

Also, doesn't matter if someone dies in the car, can be a cat D still lol.

Depends how they died. Any blood drops in it make it Cat A due to biohazard to potential future ursers.

and to confirm what was already said, CatC means it needs a VIC check done once its repaired for anti fraud measures and as a mini MOT. Any Vosa station can do it, takes about 30 minutes. If you retain a CatC total loss, you'll be issued the paperwork by the insurer, but expect to lose a large chunk for the TL payment that we'd get for scrapping the vehicle.

All sorted lads, £4000 grands worth of damage, quoted by Ford, wishbones, track rod ends, suspension to be reaced and all the damaged body work

ON + OFF CHASSIS JIG

R + R FRONT BUMPER

INCLUDES: R + R HEADLAMPS

REPLACE FRONT BUMPER BAR

(WITH BUMPER BAR REMOVED)

R + R LOWER RADIATOR AIR DEFLECTOR

ADJUST HEADLAMPS

RENEW L/HEADLAMP (REMOVED)

RENEW L/WING

INCLUDES: WHEELHOUSE LINER R + R

NOT INCLUDED: SIDE WINDOW

A-PILLAR R + R (NOT NECESSARY)

BONNET EDGE SEALANT

REPLACE BONNET

INCLUDES: REMOVE/REFIT BONNET; FIT AND

SET CLEARANCES; REFIT PARTS

REMOVE/REFIT LH BONNET HINGE

(WITH BONNET REMOVED)

R + R WASH/WIPE BOTTLE

RENEW PARTIAL L/APRON

R + R L/F DOOR TRIM

R + R L/F DOOR HANDLE

R + R L/FRONT DOOR WINDOW SEAL

R + R L/OUTER MIRROR

R + R CENTRAL ELECTRIC

R + R LEFT FRONT WHEEL

DETACH + REFIT SUSPENSION PARTS

RENEW LEFT FRONT WHEEL

(WHEEL REMOVED)

INCLUDES: BALANCE AND RENEW VALVE

REPLACE LH PIVOT BEARING

(WITH PIVOT BEARING REMOVED)

R + R LEFT SPRING STRUT (WHEEL REMOVED)

INCLUDES: R + R PIVOT BEARING

REPLACE LH SUSPENSION STRUT

(WITH SUSPENSION STRUT REMOVED)

INCLUDES: REFIT PARTS

R + R L/F CONTROL ARM

DOES NOT INCLUDE: CHECK + ADJUST FRONT

AXLE ALIGNMENT

VEHICLE ALIGNMENT CPL

ADJUST FRONT TOE

REPAIR L/S-MEMBER/STAY PNL

REPAIR L/F DOOR

PULLING FRONT PANELS

MEASURE CHASSIS

BONNET NEW PART PAINTING

L/F WING NEW PART PAINTING

FRONT BUMPER NEW PART PAINT K1R

FRONT SKIRT NEW PART PAINT K1R

L/F DOOR REPAIR PAINTING <50%

LEFT A-PILLAR REPAIR PAINTING <50%

R/F WING SURFACE PAINT

L/S-MEMBER/STAY PNL SURFACE PAINT

HINGE BONNET

CLAMP MARKS DRESS

PREPARATION FOR PRE-PAINTING

FRONT BUMPER

FRONT SKIRT

BONNET

L/BONNET HINGE

LEFT HEADLAMP ASSY

L/F FOG LAMP

L/F FOGLAMP FRAME

L/F WING

L/WHEELHOUSE Shell

LWR AIR GUIDE PANEL

L/F STAY PANEL REINF

L/F W-HOUSE FILLER

COWL PANEL COVER

WASHER CONTAINER

WASHER RESERVOIR CAP

L/F TRACK CONT ARM

L/STEERING KNUCKLE

L/F SHOCK ABSORBER

L/F WHEEL

L/F TYRE -

MODULE BOX HOUSING

MODULE BOX COVER

SUNDRY PARTS

Everything quoted

Never heard of insurance paying out that much for something like a Fiesta >_>

Is that 4000 , that the insurance have agreed to pay ? , wow big bill , i bet if you sourced the parts yourself it would be at least half that price.

Thought exactly the same, pretty shocked to too be fair, would have cost much less if it was done independently. Yeah Ford assess the damage and decide whether it's economical to repair it in, and then authorise it themselves. And as far as i know, the insurance just pick up the bill at the end

Thought exactly the same, pretty shocked to too be fair, would have cost much less if it was done independently. Yeah Ford assess the damage and decide whether it's economical to repair it in, and then authorise it themselves. And as far as i know, the insurance just pick up the bill at the end

Pretty much :) Authorised Repairers will do an Audatex report, auth if it's under 66% of total value of the car, invoice over a Shell to the insurer and the claims support team will issue payment.