Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Mk2 Aux Connection

ukphillad

Hey guys, picked up my focus last week and just sorting out the aux input. Being lazy and not taking the radio out as we haven't got any keys for it, so whipped out the glove box to check if 4 pin connector is there. Found the 6 pin and 4 pin and just want to confirm the aux cable is the 4 pin plug with 2 wires coming off it. Would it be safer just to nip to ford tomorrow and borrow some keys to check the cable is in the back of the radio?

Edit: Sorry typo- 3 wires coming off 4 pin plug not 2.

post-56453-0-93972600-1405622673_thumb.j

Not the correct plug unless the 4 pin has 3 wires off it.

Sent from my S5

Not the correct plug unless the 4 pin has 3 wires off it.

Sent from my S5

Sorry Clive, made a typo. 3 wires coming off 4 pin plug I found not 2 as I stated earlier.

• 1 month later...

You have 4 chooses ,

(1) Unscrew the inside of your glove-box and you should see the AUX connection if not ,

(2) Pull out your radio and connect an AUX-3.5MM Jack cable to the harness connection both of theses cables for 1/2 can be bought from amazon for £7 each depending upon which one you need .

(3) if you don't fancy fitting cables you can buy a digital FM sender unit for £13 .

(4) last but not least replace your Ford cd6000 with either a basic new Sony £40 ,or a 2din all singing and dancing model £95

Some people don't rate the sender unit , I can recommend one which I have used for several years with out any drop in quality or interference , it just depends on how handy you are .

• 2 months later...

I've had my focus for a few months now and I thought my AUX cable was built in. After reading through this thread and looking in the glovebox it seems that the car didn't have a cable as standard and one of the previous owners fitted it?

post-58112-0-31996700-1414225618_thumb.j

post-58112-0-31222300-1414225622_thumb.j

post-58112-0-66789000-1414225627_thumb.j

post-58112-0-84192700-1414225633_thumb.j

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this thread is old but just got a MK2 and looking at adding a aux from my CD6000.

Does anyone know the part number for a cover plate with an aux input to replace one of my blank covers, next to the rear window button?

Rather than plugging into a loose cable.

Thanks!

Thanks for that.

Is there a panel/plate with just a aux input so I can put the aux into the back and then plug in via the panel?

Can only see Aux and USB combos. Or can I use that without any USB plug in required?

There aren't any just aux ones afaik.
I have seen cases of someone creating their own using bolt in sockets though.
You don't need to connect the usb but if you wire it up as per my guide then you have a handy usb power socket.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I have seen cases of someone creating their own using bolt in sockets though.

I mounted a little button on a grey piece of plastic, which happily stuck in with 3M VHB tape. I didn't really want to drill the actual blank, and the blanks seemed quite expensive! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all. Wow...Ive noticed this thread started 5yrs ago, and some great advice has been given.... And yet I still need help🤣. Ok... my Focus quadlock seems to have the Aux wiring in the "C" block, so I believe the Aux cable is in there, but after much swearing and constant searching, the only connection I can find "Hidden" up in the Glovebox is for the Airbag?! Its only 3 wires, but trying to trace them from the quadlock to.... errrr.... god knows where seems impossible as the whole wiring loom is fed upwards and under the I.P. I've got the 3mm jack socket to plug straight in once I can find the damn thing!!

Never known such an over complicated, pointless and weird design, and I work for a Car Manufacturer!! 

Any further help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

Neil

Screenshot_20190106-025903_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-031715_Photos.jpg

how hard did you look?  you have the right pins connected for the socket … you have to take out the inner "bucket" of the glovebox to find a tapped up socket that you can then plug in a separate 3.5mm female socket

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Quadlock_Stereo_Connector_-_Sony_DAB_/_USB

http://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Ford-Volvo/ford6000_cd_pinout.shtml

Yes mate. Removed the 7ish torx screws and removed the bucket. Spent ages with my head in there and the only wire taped up out the way is the 6 pin Airbag socket. Already got the 3.5mm female socket.... just no sodding Aux lead to plug into. Tempted to remove the "C" block and just re-wire it from scratch.