Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Central Locking/alarm

Pez1181

First of all, hello, all!

I bought a 2004 streetKA yesterday at a bargain price. I was made aware that the central locking only worked with the key in the door. I took the car anyway and decided to get as far as I could before seeking advice...So, here goes!

1 - The key fob communicates with the car.

2 - Pressing the lock button causes the passenger side to lock, then unlock; drivers door remains silent; no lights flash.

3 - the key in the drivers door locks both doors.

4 - the key in passenger door locks the passenger door, then unlocks again.

5 - if I press the lock button on the key fob, whilst simultaneously, manually locking the drivers door causes the lights to flash, as the manual says, to show that the central locking has worked.

6 - if I disconnect the drives door like/trunk wiring and then press lock on the key fob, the lights flash and the passenger door locks.

7 - at no point has the alarm seemed to arm. It has not sounded or given me any indication that it's on.

That's as detailed as I have been with diagnostics. Here are my queries:

Would this have an affect on the alarm system not arming or am I looking at separate issues? (I've changed fuse 33, still nothing)

How do I get the locking motor out of the door and where is it?

I'm no electrician but with your guys' help, I might be able to solve the alarm problem!

Thanks in advance!

Perry

Can I add that the boot release button works fine on the fob (suggesting that the hood storage is definitely closed)

To arm the alarm, the doors need to lock using the remote. Locking manually will not set the alarm. If your car is locking and then unlocking on the remote, it suggests that the alarm is being switched on and then off at the same time (hence the flashing lights).

Central door locking normally locks and unlocks if one of the doors isn't closed properly and the fact that the drivers door isn't activating may be the cause for the other door locking and unlocking again.

When you lock the drivers door manually while pressing the remote and the lights flash. This suggests to me that the alarm has armed. Try leaving it for 30 seconds and then unlock the passenger door using the key. That should set it off.

The problem does sound like the solenoid in the drivers door (if there is one) that is causing your problem

Good luck with it.

Thank you! I have managed, with the simultaneous keyfob/manual door lock technique, to get the lights to flash. I waited a few minutes and then opened the bonnet, the doors, the lot! No alarm :-(

The lights flash to confirm central locking, no mention in the manual of lights flashing to arm the alarm.... It's puzzling me. Is the alarm module the brass casing in the boot? Or is that just the alarm siren? Or both??

It should be a piezzo siren on that. It was on our SportKA. Not sure where it is though. The indicators flashed when you used the remote to lock the doors which armed the alarm at the same time.

Are you sure the brass thing in the boot isn't something to do with the roof?

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

It seems that you may have to get the fob re-chipped according to my mechanic husband. I too have had the same problem with my StreetKa.

See how you get on.

Maxine

• 4 weeks later...

You can go to a Auto Locksmiths that will chipp the key for £40.00 look up on the net the nearest one to you and take it there

Hi there,

It seems that you may have to get the fob re-chipped according to my mechanic husband. I too have had the same problem with my StreetKa.

See how you get on.

Maxine

re-chipping the key has nothing to do with the remote central locking, to me it sounds like the mechanism in the drivers door is on it's way out and will need replacing, it's a common fault on mondeo's, so have a look on those forums for idea's.

will the car double lock by turning the key to unlock and then directly to lock, (It should flash the indicators)

I think I have a problem with my alarm but I know the alarm module is in the boot of the car but its trying to find it under the carpet somewhere need to find the model number

You are better off without the alarm anyway as it's a pain in the bum. It is unreliable, goes off at the wrong times and will just run the battery flat rather than make people come running. Just make sure you can lock the doors and boot and forget the alarm.

• 3 years later...

Hello I know it's an old topic my misses has only one key for her Streetka 03 plate worked yesterday not today I changed the battery still don't work ..used the key to open the doors alarm activates I've used a plug in fault finder no code detected so it can't be the transponder ? 

The key is reprogrammed using the red key secondary key do you not have it?

Failing that its an involved bit of fiddling with j-tags and a laptop with the right software if you are into that sort of thing.

The cheapest and to me the easiest way is to get another key and transfer the id chip from the damaged key to the new one.
I did this with my Rover 820 as it was impossible to do it with the laptop but havent tried it with the Streetka so not sure how much soldering/de-soldering is needed on the ford key.

http://www.newcarbundle.com/blog/2013/september/reprogramming-ford-key-fobs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Ford-Key-Keyfob-Programming-Reprogramming-/10000000007275707/g.html

If you really are up the Thomas titter then give me a pm and i will show you where to get a car key reprogramming kit.
All you need is the programmer and a blank key/s and you can reprogram the ecu without removing and replacing the system.
Take 5 mins to do once you have the equipment or you can do it with a laptop the right cable from eBay and the required software - all free!

Its what car thieves and automotive key guys use at the current time to steal or fix cars so I cant post any info on here!

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2013 at 7:35 PM, hubby1959 said:

re-chipping the key has nothing to do with the remote central locking, to me it sounds like the mechanism in the drivers door is on it's way out and will need replacing, it's a common fault on mondeo's, so have a look on those forums for idea's.

will the car double lock by turning the key to unlock and then directly to lock, (It should flash the indicators)

I agree, definitely sounds like a driver's door mechanism failure.