Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus 1.8 Tdci Tuning

coatesy89

hi everybody,

i have a 2007 focus 1.8 tdci and want to do some tuning, i have had a turbo back s/s exhaust fitted and an induction kit but want more power ive been told that they respond really well to remaps but i cant find anyone who has done any other mods, if anyone has or knows someone who has done some good mods id love some more info. ive been loking at getting a hybrid turbo but dont know how it will react and if its worth doing. anyway please any info will be appreciated

thanks people :)

You can only go so far on standard internals before things start bending in ways they shouldn't lol. But with the mods you already have, a remap will be the best way forward, and cheaper than a turbo. A good map could show you between 30 and 40 bhp... Which is enough for most.

cheaz for your advice I defo don't want to start bending stuff lolim thinking of a hybrid turbo then a remap do you know of any problems a hybrid might cause.?

Not sure mate to be honest, you'd just need to do some research and see what ppl have done. If you were set on changing the turbo, then you are best to leave the remap until after. Will get the most benefit that way.

you prob need to look into a bigger intercooler tbh if you winding the boost up in a bigger turbo...as above bluefin remap seems popular i sold my previos mk2 but just bought another 1.8tdci def fancy a bluefin and a greenstuff panal filter for now