Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washer

Keef2112

Hi,

I have a 2005 Ford Focus and the washer seems to be blocked. The motor works fine, the nozzles in the bonnet are clear and there's water in it! But when I operate it it just dribbles out of the nozzle.

I can't seem to be able to access the water bottle to check nozzles at the other end.

Not sure how to get to it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Keef.

Not sure if its the same on the Mk2 as the Mk1 but we'll assume it is. Raise the car on the side the washer bottles on (passenger on the Mk1), remove the wheel and wheel arch liner. The washer bottle is straight in front of you and should be easy enough to disconnect the multiplug and pipes then the pump simply pulls out of the grommet. Now the trickier bit, the grommet also has a filter on it and they can be difficult to remove without damaging it. My Dad stripped his on his fiesta last week and damaged the grommet. Might be worth getting a spare from Ford before starting. Dads fiesta one cost all of 69p, cant imagine a focus one will be much more. Probably even the same part.

Not sure if its the same on the Mk2 as the Mk1 but we'll assume it is. Raise the car on the side the washer bottles on (passenger on the Mk1), remove the wheel and wheel arch liner. The washer bottle is straight in front of you and should be easy enough to disconnect the multiplug and pipes then the pump simply pulls out of the grommet. Now the trickier bit, the grommet also has a filter on it and they can be difficult to remove without damaging it. My Dad stripped his on his fiesta last week and damaged the grommet. Might be worth getting a spare from Ford before starting. Dads fiesta one cost all of 69p, cant imagine a focus one will be much more. Probably even the same part.

Nice one!

Guessed I might have to go through the wheel arch, drivers side on a Mk2.

Many thanks, will give it a go.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club