Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lights?

vince_13

does anyone know if the interior lights on my mk2.5 zetec are interchangable with different models, i.e st, fiesta?

Most of the lights are interchangeable but some from the mondeo are a different fixture.

Rule of thumb, if the light is two pieces i.e. Light casing and a lens that clips into it then it will fit the Focus.

Like this-

DSC_0042.jpg

Some of the mondeo ones are one piece with the bulbs under fold out reflectors.

yeh i found that to my surprise that they come apart haha i thought id broke it, the only reason i ask is if im going to replace mine (broke the switch) why not upgrade it and have more functions than a single bulb

quick search throws up this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-INTERIOR-3-BUTTON-MAP-LIGHT-2004-2007-/230913303708?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c381649c

you should be able to find something cheaper than that - e.g. I have just fitted one of this style http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK-3-INTERIOR-LIGHT-WITH-MAP-LIGHT-AND-INTRUSION-SENSORS-12236770-/160931973898?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25784b0b0a & that cost me £10.00 delivered from eBay.

yeh i found that to my surprise that they come apart haha i thought id broke it, the only reason i ask is if im going to replace mine (broke the switch) why not upgrade it and have more functions than a single bulb

quick search throws up this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-INTERIOR-3-BUTTON-MAP-LIGHT-2004-2007-/230913303708?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c381649c

Even cheaper- ask me nicely and I'll send you one for free.

It has an LED festoon and two blue/white map bulbs in it (I'll post a picture in a bit).

It has a small chunk missing on the white casing but when fitted you won't see it at all.

Just p/m your address and I'll stick it in the post asap.

hi stoney that looks good, have you got a picture of the back showing where my connectors will go?

1. Looking to do this myself but notice my original unit ( zetec 2.5 ) has only 2 wires going to connectors but mondeo unit has 3 connectors does this matter ? also if I got one with intrusion sensors does it matter if the sensors are not wired in

The third wire is probably a feed for a rear courtesy light.

As long as you have a twin connector on one side and a single on the other you'll be fine.

Leaving the alarm sensors unwired won't affect the light functionality at all.

If the sockets are like this you're fine.

Note the third wire on the last picture (the wires came as cut offs from an old set i bought), the extra wire is the rear courtesy take off wire, it's purely a parallel take off from the live feed.

post-28494-0-55752600-1359320064_thumb.j

post-28494-0-43569800-1359320081_thumb.j

post-28494-0-97009100-1359320092_thumb.j

Think I will need to check seem to think I have 2 connectors 1 is wider than other but don't remember 1 being L shaped lol

Great thanks will give it a go gotta be better than the single wedge bulb one I have

Got to agree from examples seen and will go for LED's as well to match ones I have in footwell

Think I will need to check seem to think I have 2 connectors 1 is wider than other but don't remember 1 being L shaped lol

if it's like my 2008 2.5 it will be.