Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Do You Reckon To This?

eyeface

Hey guys, I was just wondering what you reckoned to this:

Fiesta on Ebay

Basically, I know it's in pretty bad shape, but as a project where I could progressively put things right, it looks kind of promising. They reckon it's mechanically sound, which is a good point to start off, but I'm wondering about the price. Thinking of dropping a bid on, but don't really know what the car is worth in this state. The bodywork says to me perhaps the car hasn't been treated that well (not sure someone would manage to put a dent in every single panel on a car they loved and took care of!

The plastic door trims would be an easy fix, but, even though my friend is a panel beater, so I'd get mates rates, I think it'll still cost a fair bit to get back into shape.

So firstly, would you touch this, and secondly, for how much?

Cheers!

How much of a tool of driver could they be to put a dent on all those panels??

Besides that it looks OK, if it is mechanically sound and you can get the panels done cheap you could always buy to sell.

yeah, I do wonder if it has been used for stock car racing! I did think about selling it on- what I obviously don't want to do is spend loads to get it fixed and not make it back when selling...

That year and mileage around this way in good condition would sell for about £1650. Even with a cheap panel beater I don't think it is going to be worth the effort of straightening it out to try and make a profit on it. If you intended to keep it, you may as well buy a straight one. They must have been a horrendous driver to cause all that damage.

Looks like it's been jammed between posts or other cars.

Every panel would need straightening, filling and painting.

Shed load of work.

yeah, and because they were such a horrendous driver there's a part of me that wonders whether it will have been looked after mechanically, regardless of what they say. I also like the 'same spec without dents and scratches go for £3000. The guys at parkers beg to differ.

£200 tops and I'd buy it.

Looks like some leaky old grannys motor so the clutch will be shot!

It's a blonde girl based on

A - The blonde reflected in the window

b - The private plate K88 HLL (Kate/Katie Hill?)

I see a blonde but not necessarily female.

Judging by the seat photo though I'd say the passenger wasn't too confident of the drivers skills and may have had a fear response.

I suspect a learner driver at some point. :D

Okay so we've established this was probably owned by a blonde driver called katie hill, and she wasn't so good at driving!

You reckon even if I offered £800 that would be over odds?

TBH i'd give it a swerve.

It looks ropey and unloved.

I reckon the owner has ragged it to within an inch of it's life.

If you bought it I reckon you'll be pulling your hair out and kicking yourself in weeks.

Yeah, that was kind of my feeling. Thanks for all your help, guys. Think I might start looking elsewhere!

Top budget really is about £1500. So I could definitely buy something straighter. I just thought if I could haggle the seller right down, I might be able to score a bargain. But taking the work into account, I think I'd have to knock them down quite a bit to make it worthwhile...

Far too much money , there's quite big scratches and dents all over!

PS. whats with the water (?) stains all over the passenger seat?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club