Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm System?

zetecse

hey again. can anyone tell me anything about the fiesta alarm system ?

ive read the owners manual and it says about the double lock system and that when activated the hazards will flash twice, well ive tried all this to no avail. i know theres an immobiliser linked to the codes in the keys, but other than that i can seem to find or activate any sort of alarm. ( theres a flashing red light on the dash when the car is locked ??? ) can anyone enlighten me ? :)

thanks and good night all

if your car does not have deadlocks (a possibilty at your age of car) then this feature does not exist

you may have seen it on some cars where once its fully locked up, even pulling the interior handles doesnt open the door, \

designed to stop yobbos from thieving it quite so easily

sorry just checked it on google. not entirely sure though, my car has central locking by the key, ie not remote. does this make a difference ?

ahhh well in that case i dont think it does, i checked this afternoon by making my brother sit in the car while i locked it, then asked him to get out, as soon as he pulled the handle it released the central locking.

then im afraid to say that you have not got deadlocks, my suggestion is that you invest in a good steering wheel lock,

someone will not even bother with your car if it has one fitted, when the car next to it doesnt

backwards logic, but true

Talking about alarms, with the mk7 when you double lock the doors is the little yellow light on the dash supposed to stay on to show the alarm is on because after a while mind goes out.

Talking about alarms, with the mk7 when you double lock the doors is the little yellow light on the dash supposed to stay on to show the alarm is on because mind goes out.

Isn't it the flashing LED in the dash, that's there regardless of if you have an alarm or not.

if your car does not have deadlocks (a possibilty at your age of car) then this feature does not exist

Ive got deadlocks on my fiesta mk6 but I havent got an alarm. The indicators flash after pressing the lock button twice to let you know the system has activated and a small car/padlock symbol flashes on the speedo, that acts as a deterent aswell to be honest because anyone looking in the car wpuld probably think its an alarm

Isn't it the flashing LED in the dash, that's there regardless of if you have an alarm or not.

I have had a Zetec S and now a Metal both have the little yellow light on the dash not a flashing LED. I deadlock the doors the yellow light comes on. When I return later the light is out. If you press the lock again it comes on. Not sure if the alarm is engaged or not anybody know?

the litle yellow light in the middle of the dash, on the lock button is only on while the canbus system is live, the little red flashing light is the PATS Passive Anti Theft System light, or in other words, the immobiliser

whether you have an alarm or not is not dependant on the deal locking feature

one click of the lock button just locks the doors from the outside (if you have an alarm it activates at this stage after about 30 seconds)

second click activates the dead locks, hence why you hear the clunking noise from the latch units in the doors and also the visual confirmation of this y flashing the hazard lights

the litle yellow light in the middle of the dash, on the lock button is only on while the canbus system is live, the little red flashing light is the PATS Passive Anti Theft System light, or in other words, the immobiliser

whether you have an alarm or not is not dependant on the deal locking feature

one click of the lock button just locks the doors from the outside (if you have an alarm it activates at this stage after about 30 seconds)

second click activates the dead locks, hence why you hear the clunking noise from the latch units in the doors and also the visual confirmation of this y flashing the hazard lights

Thanks for this info. I did wonder if the alarm actually worked after having the Zetec S stolen.

The flashing light is the indicator for the immobiliser only.

My old MK1 focus had deadlocks but no alarm.

Easiest way to see if you have an alarm is lock the car and then try to open the bonnet.

If an alarm is fitted then it will sound.

Also check out fordetis on the web and enter your registration.

That should tell you what security systems you have on your car.

I have a 03 plate fiesta. If I press the lock button twice my hazard lights flash. Does this indicate some sort of alarm or..?

The double flash is showing that the double locking has engaged.

There is no visual indication that an alarm is set.

I have a 03 plate fiesta. If I press the lock button twice my hazard lights flash. Does this indicate some sort of alarm or..?

If I got your reg correct Ford Etis says yours comes With Anti-Theft Alarm. Providing its still working of coarse.

• 1 year later...

Anyone knows where the alarm siren/horn is? I need to get mine checked.

Thanks

Fiesta mk6 facelift