Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Wont Lock With Fob Or Key

danfocuszetec

Hi, ive just brought a ford focus on a xreg 1.8 zetec and got it home to find the doors wont lock with the fob or by key in the door you can hear it making a noise alittle bit like its trying but cant, ive checked the fuse for the central locking but cant be anythink like that because it works you can hear it trying, any ideal's? thanks

First off, welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have water in the lock solenoid, it's quite common.

You may be able to get away with cleaning it up and oiling it up or you may require a new lock motor.

Btw, I've noted this to the focus forum as it's more of a problem than an introduction.

:)

ok thanks for that, where is the lock solenoid to located? this is my 1st focus i dont have a clue where anythink is lol. thanks

does that mean i have to take all 4 out because none of the doors lock? :(

The drivers one is usually the master lock and if it plays up it affects the others.

Welcome Dan, as they say, you're never bored with a ford!

Just a word, be gentle with removing the door cards, I had to take one off one of my previous Mondeos and got a little ham fisted and busted the clips that run along the window edge. It annoyed me for a long time that it wouldn't sit tight against the window.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on!

ok il try and be gentle but im heavy handed so probs wil brake somethink lol, il have alook when it stops raining, another thing is its hard to open the drivers i pull the handle and nothing happens ive got to really pull to get it to open, do you think this is anythink to do with it?

and lol i like that saying. and ive got an idleing problem when i stop it revs at 1500rpm and after lik 20secs it drops down to 800rpm it does it everytime i put clutch down take it its just a matter of cleaning throttle body,idle control valve anythink else?

still aint been able to do anythink its been none stop raining, it did stop raining so i went out and opened the door and it started piddling down again!!!

need some help i looked at the locks today got it already to take out but couldnt get the rod off thats goes from the motor to the outside door handle?

thanks for the images but could you make them bigger please i cant read it, sorry to be a pain

When the links take you to the Photobucket pictures just hover your cursor over the pictures and it will give you the option to download in full size, you just need to open them with a picture viewer or editor and you'll be able to read them better.

aw wicked mate ideal thanks alot will have ago tommorrow if the weather stays nice, did you read my post on this page about my tick over any idea's? i cleaned the throttle body today and it seems to be worse instead over 1500rpm it goes to 2000rpm nw.

cheers mate ill buy it on payday, ive cleaned the throttle body.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club