Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

Bleh, I couldn't give a crap if people take offence to driving around on fog lights if honest; sorry but they make no difference in fog, and also they don't dazzle... it's not like they point up directly at eye hight, and to be honest swapped out with LED's there's no issue anyway.

Except that It's illegal in the UK.

Even if you swap the fog light bulbs for LED Bulbs it makes no difference.

If you have to turn them on with the fog light switch then they're still classed as fog lights.

I do pull cars for it and will issue a fixed penalty if I feel it is warranted.

Except that It's illegal in the UK.

Even if you swap the fog light bulbs for led bulbs it makes no difference.

If you have to turn them on with the fog light switch then they're still classed as fog lights.

I do pull cars for it and will issue a fixed penalty if I feel it is warranted.

Not really disputing that, just kinda saying why do people get so worked up over it, it doesn't really have an effect on them. I mean some cars have them come on automatically when cornering, same light and such, so why is it people have to get so worked up :P

Afraid I don't make the laws.

That's up to the EU and the DOT.

I just enforce it.

I never remember to put my headlights on anyway so you won't catch me with fogs on, I'd never remember >_>

• Like 1

Had a loony driving towards me last night on the way to work,

Kept flashing his high beam at me emplying that i had my full lights on.

So i flashed him back,

Then he goes all out full lights on me lol

So i switched all of mine off until he went passed me lol crazy people.

Follow on from this,

I was so annoyed at monday nights occurance that i decided to get my headlight alignment checked,

I had bought thd black ford units from a seller on eBay and thought the alignment would have been good.

But no, he said the alignment was way off "all the way up and facing the right, both shining towards oncoming traffic"

My new peeve

Aligment cost me 25 euros

Just to turn an allen key in my lights, rip off republic

Follow on from this,

I was so annoyed at monday nights occurance that i decided to get my headlight alignment checked,

I had bought thd black ford units from a seller on ebay and thought the alignment would have been good.

But no, he said the alignment was way off "all the way up and facing the right, both shining towards oncoming traffic"

My new peeve

Aligment cost me 25 euros

Just to turn an allen key in my lights, rip off republic

Theres a garage near me that charges £80 to adjust your headights

Theres a garage near me that charges 80 pounds to adjust your headights

Thats crazy money just to adjust the light that you already have.

Cost me 80pounds for the headlight lol almost cheaper to replace a headlight than align it.

Its rediculous. Some garages are just con artists

Theres a garage near me that charges £80 to adjust your headights

How much?!

Any ideas how much they would charge to change the air in my tyres and top up my indicator fluid?

• Like 1

How much?!

Any ideas how much they would charge to change the air in my tyres and top up my indicator fluid?

Probs not much less lol I take it to a wee ford garage near me and theyre great. Realy cant complain about them atall.

Cars that have the fog light on when they are turning corners. What is the point?? What is it meant to light up?? why do car manufactures feel that we need this. Glad ford have not jumped on the band wagon.

And roundabouts why can people not indicate or get in the right lands its not hard to understand

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I hate when you see people (mostly young women) crossing the road with a buggy and jist pushing the buggy half into the road before thinking to look to see if theres a car coming. Seen a car infront of me today physically have to swerve out of the way of this stupid woman doing that today

• Like 1

People opening car doors just as you get up to them on a narrow road.

• Like 1

Washing/polishing the car then either my cat climbs up on top of it or one of the many seagulls by me craps on it ;( lol

One of my biggest pet peeves is when there's slow traffic in the left lanes on the m'way, so you can be in the right hand lane at 70 without a problem. Then you get one idiot coming up behind you, flashing his lights and honking his horn because I'm not willing to do 100+mph, even though I've got as much of a right to be in that lane as I'm overtaking. Then as soon as I complete my overtake and move back in (unless they undertake me as soon as they're a millimetre past the car behind) they fly past, brake heavily to avoid the next car and the whole cycle repeats.

I also don't like people who you let out only to not say thank you, or those people who think that sticking their hand out of the window means that they're allowed to cut anyone up.

Also people who play their music so loud that you can hear it over your own.

Cars that have the fog light on when they are turning corners. What is the point?? What is it meant to light up?? why do car manufactures feel that we need this. Glad ford have not jumped on the band wagon.

God I hate this 'feature' - it just looks stupid

• Like 1

Corsa drivers in general.

Why do they all seem to think everyone wants to race them?

• Like 2

I didnt when i had my corsa! I used to try and hide when i was out in it, only make short journeys etc incase someone seen me in it pmsl

Lmao, I had one of these yesterday while i was on the bike going round an oval shaped roundabout - I think he/she was about to try and race me until they realised that i was almost horizontal and going much faster than them. I was within the speed limit too just before anyone questions that.

Oh and Clio drivers too, and Audi drivers in the third lane of a motorway firm in the belief that it's their personal lane to do with as they please.

How about a 1.0 Ecoflex in yellow, with a Halfords exhaust and 10,000K HID's?

• Like 1

How about a 1.0 Ecoflex in yellow, with a halfords exhaust and 10,000K HID's?

Should be crushed (with the drivers inside)

• Like 1

I have a number of pet peeves dependant on where I am and what i'm driving, middle lane huggers doing 45-50mph on the motorway, don't they know that anything over 7.5 tonne isn't allowed in the fast lane, private hire taxi's, they think they own the road and most of the car parks at the local supermarkets, cashpoint cripples, those idiots that think it's ok to leave their car in the disabled spots while they go to the cash point, cyclists with no road sense, other drivers with no lane discipline, white van driver who has no idea that that little stalk beside the steering wheel puts the flashing yellow lights on, that are standard equipment on all vehicles.

But my biggest peeve, the mobile phone user, those individuals that are so stupid to think they won't get caught eventually, when for £15-20 they can get a bluetooth headset and at least be somewhat legal

• Like 2

Ive got to be honest it annoys me when I see people driving round with earphones in. What happens if someone presses a horn to warn them ie because they're reversing too close to your car and they're going to hit you and you press your horn and cause they've got their ear phones in they dont hear you and boomf insurance claim! Lol and people that double park on busy streets!

• Like 1

And people that park on the opposite side of the road to a Line of parked cars so that you have to slow right down to squeeze through! What happens if a fire engine comes and needs to get through!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club