Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

Haha yeah.

I could of shown you with my dash cam but the flipping power outlet fuse has blown again so it wasn't filming when it happened :-/

A taxi (in service!) tonight pulled away from the kerbside and nearly straight into me as I passed as he had no drivers side wing mirror and didn't shoulder check his blind spots or what was behind/alongside him. :angry:

Didn't you know taxi drivers and bus drivers own the roads, well at least they think they do, and the highway code is only advisory as far as their concerned

• Like 1

Silly wimmin who brake and stop at every roundabout EVEN when there is no one on the damned thing :angry: :angry: :angry:

Didn't you know taxi drivers and bus drivers own the roads, well at least they think they do, and the highway code is only advisory as far as their concerned

We had a (private hire) taxi driver in the other week not happy that his appeal against a parking fine hadn't been accepted. He'd got the ticket because one of our mobile camera fiesta vans had drove past him 3 times within a 15 minute period and automatically took photos of him as he was parked in a bus stop.

After much huffing and puffing he said well how am I meant to know you can't stop or park in a bus stop, where does it say that?

I (who despises illegal parkers and bad drivers generally) had to bite my tough from saying, ermmm.... the highway code maybe, you moron?

• Like 1

This happen a lot where I live; people pulling out in front of me from a junction or side road and not matching the speed everyone else is going! It's like one of the very first things my driving instructor told me about pulling out. Always look left and right at least twice each way and if you have to pull out, match the speed of traffic.

No one does that around here at all. It's so infuriating!

Most of the roads around my area are 30/40mph zones and people just wander out into the traffic. I don't know how many times I've had to slam brakes on.

Taxi drivers flout every rule in the book.

Around here their favourites are cutting across the road to park on the other side facing oncoming traffic, doing u turns wherever they please, stopping wherever they choose with no concern for other road users and chopping from bus lanes to general traffic lanes without warning if lights go against them.

We have two types of taxi drivers in Plymouth- local drivers that take the mickey and drive as they please to the detriment to everyone else and drivers brought across from Poland and suchlike who drive exactly to the law and limits as under their employment contracts if they get any form of ticket or traffic infringements against them they'll be sacked and have to go home.

Taxi drivers flout every rule in the book.

Around here their favourites are cutting across the road to park on the other side facing oncoming traffic, doing u turns wherever they please, stopping wherever they choose with no concern for other road users and chopping from bus lanes to general traffic lanes without warning if lights go against them.

We have two types of taxi drivers in Plymouth- local drivers that take the mickey and drive as they please to the detriment to everyone else and drivers brought across from Poland and suchlike who drive exactly to the law and limits as under their employment contracts if they get any form of ticket or traffic infringements against them they'll be sacked and have to go home.

It's not just Plymouth that has them, we got them too, the private hire ones are the worst, they park where they like and don't let other road users know their intent, then take you to court when they pull out on you and leave you nowhere to go except into them, (I know from experience)

It's just downright ignorance and bad manners.

Had a case with a Polish driver about four years ago.

Dropped a husband and wife to a rugby club event and the husband realised he'd left his wallet at home.

A friend of his gave him a lift back home to collect it and found the taxi driver hanging out of the kitchen window with the wife's jewelery in his pockets.

My mother remembers a few years back also that there was a spate of rapes in the area, police officer came to the shop she was working in and showed some mug shots to her and she reckoned that half of the mug shots were taxi drivers she recognised.

I know that licensing rules are much stricter now but people can only be checked for things they've been caught doing.

Never ever tell a taxi driver you've going on holiday if they take you to an airport or coach/rail station.

and drivers brought across from Poland and suchlike who drive exactly to the law and limits as under their employment contracts if they get any form of ticket or traffic infringements against them they'll be sacked and have to go home.

My dad is a driving instructor and a local large private hire taxi firm paid him to take out and assess all of their new polish drivers to check their driving standards/habits and general road attitude.

Its a shame every year or two ALL professional drivers have to go through this. But its all down to cost at the end of the day I guess.

Never tell a taxi driver you've going on holiday if they take you to an airport or coach/rail station.

Yeah we were always told this. When we all used to go on holiday together when I was younger my gran used to come to our house to wave us off as we got in the cab, so it looked like the house wasn't being left empty.

My brake light pet peeve is in the Highway Code see below :

In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.

Law RVLR reg 27

Chav's who see you're in a sporty car so instantly think you're up for a 'race' and then gather at Tesco car park while everyone goes on how 'sick' their cars are. My God.

My brake light pet peeve is in the Highway Code see below :

In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.

Law RVLR reg 27

Well I never.

I guess I could slide into neutral but having to apply the hand brake is a bit much. Looks like my next automatic will have to feature an automatic electric handbrake too lol

I apologise but I can't see me applying a hand brake unless I'm getting out the car

No need to apologise.. Watch out for the electric handbrakes my mates went faulty on his renault scenic and it was a small fortune to get it repaired and that was with mates rates..

Another of my pet peeves, (And it's illegal too), is when it's chucking down with rain at night and some numpty has his/her rear fogs on blinding everyone and their grandma in the process, they deserve a ticket

Inconsiderate arseholes in car parks!!

Just nipped to Asda with my sister and her two (2 years and 6 months). Went to pull into a parent/child space - the only one left - and a woman in a taxi swipes the space. I politely asked her to move as she had no child with her, compared to my two. She told me she had her toddler with her and pointed to her daughter climbing out of the front passenger seat...she was around 15/16 ish...certainly not a child under the age of 12 in a booster seat!

Luckily, as I got back in the car another parent/child space opened up.

It really annoys me that people would rather occupy one of those spaces (same for disabled bays) for the sake of an extra 10 feet to the door.

Pound to a penny they'd be the first to complain when a toddler accidentally slams into their car with a door!!

Just nipped to Asda with my sister and her two (2 years and 6 months). Went to pull into a parent/child space - the only one left - and a woman in a taxi swipes the space. I politely asked her to move as she had no child with her, compared to my two. She told me she had her toddler with her and pointed to her daughter climbing out of the front passenger seat...she was around 15/16 ish...certainly not a child under the age of 12 in a booster seat!

It really annoys me that people would rather occupy one of those spaces (same for disabled bays) for the sake of an extra 10 feet to the door.

Pound to a penny they'd be the first to complain when a toddler accidentally slams into their car with a door!!

That kind of reminds me of an incident a few years back in our local asda, a woman with a couple of kids in the car parks up and then starts to complain that the baby and toddler trolleys are nowhere near where she's parked, it was only when I happened to say,

"Well you do know these are disabled spaces",

and pointed out the parent and child spaces right beside the trolleys.

She still didn't move her car though.

It's about time the supermarkets started clamping inconsiderate parkers

I hate it when you stop to let some one cross the road and they'll do this stupid run (which doesnt actualy make them move any faster) over the empty half of the road and then when they get to the side you are they just walk slower than they normally would

You should have went in, bought some shaving foam, then wrote LAZY COW with it all over her car lol

You should have went in, bought some shaving foam, then wrote LAZY COW with it all over her car lol

Idve bought loads of cling film and wrapped her car lmao

It's really annoying when you see all the disabled spaces full and half of them have no badges, just lazy people who have gone in to get !Removed!, or people who go and do their whole shopping and think nothing of it... And then when you say anything all you get is abuse.

Also people who park at the super market, then walk into town because it's free parking, meaning there aren't any spaces for anyone wanting to actually shop at the retail park. You just see them walking across in massive numbers, usually walking across before the light has turned on red too. And a good deal are 'disabled'. Probably got kids with ADHD so can claim disability.

I carry a big roll of police tape in my car, I'd wrap the car in that :d

• Like 1

If only every one else was perfect, like me! :)

Idve bought loads of cling film and wrapped her car lmao

like this?

375846_478387268846498_808801534_n.jpg

• Like 1

like this?

375846_478387268846498_808801534_n.jpg

BINGO LMAO!

BINGO LMAO!

used a whole roll of industrial shrink wrap

this is what happens if you leave your car around me when i'm bored n its a quiet day at work

in my defense though the bloke was a massive dong

best bit was when he had to borrow me mates stanley to cut his way back into his car

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club