Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

What got me was the other prat that did the exact same thing behind the first cyclist.

Common sense dictates- if the bus is pulling out and there's a truck in the way STOP!

Legally other road users should give way to cyclists/pedestrians/prams/wheelchairs etc. but Mr brain says Don't push your luck.

Typical London cyclist though, they all think they're invincible.

Same filtering rule applies as it does to Motorbikes.

Another thing that really grinds my gears is Chuggers, had one being sarky with me yesterday until I took his I.D off him and chucked it in a locked bin.

At least while he was waist deep in the bin retrieving the darn thing innocent passers-by could go about their business while he had the indignity of having to dumpster dive for his tatty laminated bit of card he probably made himself.

Horrible little oik!

Latest in AutoExpress - They're trying to get it so that if a cyclist has an accident with a car, it is automatically the fault of the car driver until proven otherwise...

Also another Pet Peeve - vegetarians.

• Like 1

Like this you mean :o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDAYkdlKEGI

What a bunch of gentleman part ends... He nearly gets killed and the car and bus both stop (probably because the damn idiot has decided to take their paintwork with him), a bunch of other pee ants decide to fly down the gap as well... Is it any wonder I have no time for cyclists?

One took my door mirror off on my previous Fiesta and tried acting as though it wasn't him when I stopped him, physically grabbed the bike and rang the police (he threatened to 'knock my face off' whilst I was on the phone so I got quite a speedy response :P ) until he realised he'd been caught on a CCTV camera running the red light and destroying my mirror... Seriously until they pay road tax AND insurance, they should stay off the roads. If I have to pay tax and insurance, they should too.

• Like 1

Latest in AutoExpress - They're trying to get it so that if a cyclist has an accident with a car, it is automatically the fault of the car driver until proven otherwise...

I said that a few posts ago and its absolutely rediculous. It should be left as no ones fault untill its been decided otherwise not apportioned to the driver

Seriously until they pay road tax AND insurance, they should stay off the roads. If I have to pay tax and insurance, they should too.

I thought technically though there was no such thing as road tax, or so I was told. I thought the vehicle tax you pay depends on your vehicle's emissions - you aren't paying to use the roads.
So if you buy a very low/no emission vehicle you won't pay tax either - just like a cyclist wouldn't.

And can you imagine trying to enforce bike insurance without licence plates/vin numbers/registered keepers etc. lol Would be great but ain't gonna happen. :-/

This made me chuckle :D

If that's the case, then cyclists should have to have their breath analysed for CO2 emissions and be taxed on that >_>

Or taxed just on existence?

• Like 1

If that's the case, then cyclists should have to have their breath analysed for CO2 emissions and be taxed on that >_>

Or taxed just on existence?

Haha, ya love cyclists really don't ya lol ;-)

Haha, ya love cyclists really don't ya lol ;-)

Totally. I'd exterminate the lot. Either face extermination or get off and walk >_>

• Like 1

Got back to my car at in a car park today, some inconsiderate mum was putting her kids in the back of her car with the door up against my car! :censored:

I quickly moved her door off my car and pointed out to her what she had done, she just blanked me, got in her car and drove off.

Fortunately there is no dent, but it has damaged the paint work. It was one of those situations where there was so much I wish I could have said or done, but knew nothing would change the fact or get anything done about it.

Miffed me right off for the rest of the afternoon, it is just so rude and inconsiderate, she may have not given a hoot about her own car, but at least show a bit of respect for others.

I just hope it will mostly come out with some polish and buffing up, I can't see the point in getting it done as someone else is bound to come along and do it again :(

I sometimes wish I had a heap so I could just whack my door into there's and let them see how it feels.

What could you realy say in a situation like that? :/ you can moan and groan all you like but it wont get you anyway with the person(s) who did it :@ thats one thing im always realy careful of not doing although once I opened the door and the wind was that strong it whipped the door out my grasp and hit the car next to me leaving a slight mark but I waited a minute or so and the guy came back to his car and I appogised for it and he was fairly sound about it to be honest

Someone did that to me a month after buying but drove off. Luckily someone else took her number and I got them to pay for repairs no insurance involved.

theres a nice dent in my rear passenger side door from some twonk hitting it with their door in a carpark

I always try, (with the emphasis on TRY) to put my hand round the edge of the door, when I think there may be a possibility of it bumping into another vehicle in a car park, it's not always possible or even practical to do it at times, but I like to think i'm more considerate of other peoples motor's than some are of mine

Technically, if someone hits your car with their door and drives away they are leaving the scene of a collision, and are therefore breaking the law.

If you take their registration and report it your insurance company they will usually pursue it, but you have to think to yourself -

is it worth your excess?

Technically, if someone hits your car with their door and drives away they are leaving the scene of a collision, and are therefore breaking the law.

If you take their registration and report it your insurance company they will usually pursue it, but you have to think to yourself -

is it worth your excess?

It would probably cost less to repair yourself in most cases.

Some of it is the principle of the matter, the fact that your property gets damaged just because someone couldn't give a :censored:

• 4 weeks later...

One I'd forgotten about but was reminded of today when driving along listening to the radio. When a song comes on the radio and it has sirens in the background of the song even just faintly cause you automatically look around to see if there's an emergency service coming anywhere around you. Personally think song writers etc should be banned from using siren that are similar to emergency vehicle sirens in their songs! Grr lol

I get the opposite, radios interfere with my sirens :d

• Like 1

One I'd forgotten about but was reminded of today when driving along listening to the radio. When a song comes on the radio and it has sirens in the background of the song even just faintly cause you automatically look around to see if there's an emergency service coming anywhere around you. Personally think song writers etc should be banned from using siren that are similar to emergency vehicle sirens in their songs! Grr lol

The prodigy by any chance?

The prodigy by any chance?

Theres a few usually by thw likes of 50p or people like him you know always on the run :lol:

I do think it is a distraction though

• 4 weeks later...

I hate it when someone comes flying up to a junction too quick asif expecting the road they're turning onto to be clear and then looking surprised to see someone coming and slamming there brakes on sticking right out onto the road! Lol

When I braked for a dog that ran in the road, and put hazard lights on, some prat in a GM piece of junk is inches of slamming into me, and then beeps like a madman...

Surely he should have seen the dog as it was clear to see on the opposite side of the road, seen the nice bright red brake lights, and seen the hazard lights? Due care and attention much?

Maybe check your brake lights are working? :)