Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

After seeing a car indicate to come off a round about i went to pull out and low and behold the car changes its mind last minute and stays on the round about forcing me to slam my breaks on and then the driver shooting me a dirty look as if him nearly crashing into me was my fault. What else tends to irritate yourselves while driving?

• Like 1

people driving with fog lights on when its not foggy.

• Like 1

undertaking and jumping red lights - this seems to be getting very common

• Like 1

Got to agree with that. Although what annoys me more with that is when you see the police drive past people like that and dont bother with them. I guarantee if it was me doing it id get pulled haha

Im a fan of HIDs but landrovers should be banned from having them all together. Im yet to drive past one without been completely blinded by them

*Awaits forum pouncing on me for being a fan* lol

People that ignore those priority traffic calming things where you have to give way to oncoming traffic, there are a couple in my village where I've witnessed several near misses because people think they can zip through.

People who play cat and mouse with me on dual carriageways or motorways because they can't keep a constant speed whilst I'm on cruise control.

Incorrect or no indication on roundabouts, and people who use the right hand lane to go straight over when everyone else is correctly using the left one.

People who fill up in a busy petrol station, spend ages paying, get back to the car and dither around.

Buses that force their way through narrow lanes forcing you scrape down the side of bushes... the scratches! (Personal experience from earlier)

Gosh I can think of loads. Having said all that, my faith in drivers is restored when someone lets you out in heavy traffic :)

• Like 2

Ive got to say after bein stuck at temporary traffic lights for 40mins today, people who miss the green light and not only go through the amber which is bad enough but zoomin through the lights when they're red causing the people at the other end that are actually on green to have to wait even longer

People that ignore those priority traffic calming things where you have to give way to oncoming traffic, there are a couple in my village where I've witnessed several near misses because people think they can zip through.

People who play cat and mouse with me on dual carriageways or motorways because they can't keep a constant speed whilst I'm on cruise control.

Incorrect or no indication on roundabouts, and people who use the right hand lane to go straight over when everyone else is correctly using the left one.

People who fill up in a busy petrol station, spend ages paying, get back to the car and dither around.

Buses that force their way through narrow lanes forcing you scrape down the side of bushes... the scratches! (Personal experience from earlier)

Gosh I can think of loads. Having said all that, my faith in drivers is restored when someone lets you out in heavy traffic :)

I think we could all go on all night to be honest :lol:

The busy petrol station one can be quite annoying I must admit. I hate when I'm on the bike in a busy garage as I always take my helmet and gloves off but start putting them on again from the moment I walk out the shop door - I really can't do with the impatient car drivers that rev their engine n stuff like that. Just makes go slower lol.

The main thing that annoys me most is when i have no other option but get the wife to drive me somewhere , none stop chatting , never use's fifth , drive's far to slow , and basicallly scare's the life out of me :o .

• Like 2

^^ lmao I hate it when you let someone out and they dont even so much as nod in appreciation! Lol

• Like 2

Cyclists. Not much needed to be said there.

Especially on bypass/dual carriageways/ narrow country lanes. They put themselves and everybody else in danger.

Riding in pairs, going down your N/S an inch from the car and curb, existing...

They should be made to cycle on the path again. Surely the chance of someone getting seriously hurt by a bike on a pavement is alot less than the chance of a serious accident caused by a car hitting a biker or overtaking etc. My friend actualy failed her driving test because she clipped a biker as she was overtaking :lol: clipped his pedal and knocked him off his bike! haha the guy was alright luckily.

Or just make them take a test, both theory and practical, have a registration plate, tax disk even if exempt and so on. Every other road users has too.

One of my pet hates occurred tonight, two de-badged Corsa's trying to race an Audi TT on an A road and failing dismally then coming to the realisation that in their haste had flashed by me at 100mph+ and earned an almost certain ban when their cases get read.

The Audi was pulled 5 miles further up by a Motorway Patrol and reported for driving at 130mph+.

Two of my peeves dealt with in short time so i'm happy :D

One main thing that annoys the crap out of me is when you either let someone out or you have to stop and let someone come down the road (backstreet) when parked cars are on their side and they don't even say thanks or anything.....really grinds my gears!!!

Also on motorways when its busy and people (usually in an audi, merc or bmw) seem to think that putting your indicator on for 0.0000234 seconds gives them the right to get into a gap just barely the size of the car they are in because they choose to be on the outside lane blasting down at over 90mph and realise they are going to miss their junction....

people driving with fog lights on when its not foggy.

Sorry lol

Gotta admit though,

It does look good parking lights and fogs in 6000k lol

Had a loony driving towards me last night on the way to work,

Kept flashing his high beam at me emplying that i had my full lights on.

So i flashed him back,

Then he goes all out full lights on me lol

So i switched all of mine off until he went passed me lol crazy people.

• Like 1

Bleh, I couldn't give a crap if people take offence to driving around on fog lights if honest; sorry but they make no difference in fog, and also they don't dazzle... it's not like they point up directly at eye hight, and to be honest swapped out with LED's there's no issue anyway.

Tell you what annoys me. Paying road tax and the councils not fixing pot holes!

• Like 4

Im sick of looking like a drink driver zigzagging across the road to avoid them lol

• Like 1

One main thing that annoys the crap out of me is when you either let someone out or you have to stop and let someone come down the road (backstreet) when parked cars are on their side and they don't even say thanks or anything.....really grinds my gears!!!

This is my number 1 pet hate on the roads, even worse when it is a large vehicle and they just barge out and never say thank you after you stopped for them.

What is worse is when they go shopping. If there is a queue (which there nearly always is), then pay for your fuel, move your car then go and do your shopping.

Picking up a snack on the way to the till is fine, but some people spend an age in there!

we have a lot of purpose built cycle paths which are well used by cyclitsts going to and from work but theres always a few who think they,re in the tour de france and ride on the road beside the cycle path with a massive queue behind them :angry:

also on the vehicle side of pet hates , lack of courtesy and driving two feet from your rear end, makes me go slower -_-

I always drop gears when that happens, should see their faces :P