Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pet Peeves

DanGersFord

Middle lane drivers used to be the bain of my life in my previous occupation, some will know while others don't but large goods vehicles over 7.5 tonne are forbidden to use the third lane on the motorway.

I've seen cases where a driver has been so irate at the car driver he's driven right up on the cars back bumper and hit all the lights and air horn at the same time, the car driver didn't know whether to go left, right or have a brown trouser job.

Ah where to begin:

Drivers who crawl at 15/20mph on a 30mph road, with no traffic insight. Upon passing them, they are either lost, on the phone, or just not paying attention. :huh:

Tailgaters, literally if you cannot see a drivers headlights in ur rear view mirror, they are too close. Why drive right up my !Removed!, doesn't make me drive faster. :blink:

The near missers. You know the ones, who pull out without looking, open car doors in the middle of the main road without looking, pedestrians talking on their phone instead of looking before crossing the road. <_<

Cyclists running red lights. :oops:

Black cab drivers stopping anywhere they feel fit, even if its the middle of the &#33;Removed&#33; road to pick up fares. (/wrists) :iim:

But nothing tops pedestrians having conversations in the middle of the road, leaning through a car window with their bums sticking out in the road and expecting drivers to navigate around them. - My wing mirror says hello :censored:

• 2 weeks later...

Cyclists. Not much needed to be said there.

Oi !!! I'm a keen cyclist, horse rider and car nut!!

:D

The snag is, unlike The Netherlands, the UK's road system was never designed for anything other than 'Single Use for Everyone'. Over in The Netherlands, cyclists have their own off-the-road paths and generally, everyone gets along fine! This is how it should be.

Now as a cyclist, I pay road tax (and every other kind if bloomin' tax) that (allegedly...) pays for the upkeep of the roads for ALL users (although judging by all the potholes, I'd love to know exactly where our money goes...) and at last! we are beginning to see proper cycle paths being put in. This is again, a good thing because as a cyclist, having to use the road scares me witless, so I'm switching to off-road!!

I understand car drivers' frustration because I drive a car myself, but I can't cycle on the pavements because I face a £50 on-the-spot fine if I do. It's illegal to do so, plain and simple.

I absolutely agree that something like the Cycling Proficiency Test needs to be brought back in. Absolutely. If you buy a bike, you should produce a certificate to prove that you have taken a test. Because it's Numpty Cyclists who are giving the rest of us a bad name. Can't agree more on that!! A lot of cyclists are campaigning to get cycle paths put in and for proper training to be implemented. Fear not: we're working on it.

;)

As for horse riding, these are &#33;Removed&#33; big animals. Their approach to life (as prey animals) is spook first, ask questions later. They can be habituated to road use, but are as unpredictable as any other animal (or human!) can be. Wherever possible, the law should be changed to allow horse riders to walk on the grass verges. You wouldn't walk your dog in the road, so why walk your horse along it??

Laws created for horse riders in the 19th century when cars were few and far between have absolutely zero relevance today.

Again, horse riders are fighting to change the law to make the roads safer.

Basically, I'm all for making roads safer for everyone.

:)

Now MY pet peeve is wimmen (I'm afraid to say) in London who feel that they need an SUV (that they can barely handle) in Chelsea/Fulham/Kensington to take their ONE CHILD 500 meters to school.

Buy a Mini!! Walk!! get the bus!! There's no off-road in Fulham (I know: I used to live there...) FFS!!!

:D :D :D

Muppets that flash other drivers to warn them off speed cameras does my head in if your speeding you deserve the fine and penalty points ... ya wouldn't warn a thief that there a security guard watch him so why flash someone!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

As Dan the gasman says we pay Billons in road tax and only 9% of the revenue taken is actually used for the roads?, How have we (the general public ) allowed this to happen ? There should be a public inquiry!!!

The other thing I hate is and see everyday is people on the phone whilst driving !, Should be banned for a month and there vehicles impounded for the month also.

Another thing I hate is prawns who drive up ur back end? I got out the other day and asked this tool did he want to get in? The way his bottom lip was quivering I suspect not :O!

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

white van drivers clueless individuals who happen to be in white vans most of the time.
I'd like to know if its possible for them to get any closer to your rear bumper!

Van drivers have to especially careful as alot of them are working under a "OC-operators licence" which could have serious consequences for themselves and company etc..

I live in a rural-ish area and something that really,really irritates me are the four wheel drive drivers who insist on driving down the middle of our country lanes, forcing me and my little fiesta up onto the grass verges!! It's a cross-country vehicle ffs, it's not for the school run, it's meant to go over grass and mud!

Oh and being behind people who travel at 40 in the 60, then maintain 40 in the 30!!!

• Like 2

And people who are too lazy to return their trolley to the trolley park, so leave them free rolling to batter other people's cars! Muppets!

• Like 1

PC world.

More like Phones4U world now.

Wanted an USB3 card for my PC tonight,.

'Sorry Sir, online only now as there's no demand for them'

Obviousy there's a demand for them as I've just smegging asked for one!

Flamin' useless tozzers!

• Like 3

As a trades man I can say the white van thing is merely misunderstood.

You see a man in a van has somewhere to be at a specific time and not that I'm promoting bad driving but it's out of frustration van drivers do what they do plus visibility is limited in a van.

I also hate the so called yummy mummies who push the poor young ones buggy out in the road before even looking when crossing as already said but really I think my biggest pet hate, people who block junctions/entry/exist and stop smack bang in the middle of a roundabout despite clearly seeing their exist is not moving sending the entire roundabout to a stand still there is just no excuse for this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

MixMaster got a good point with the yummy mummys pushing prams see it too often , there too interested who there talking to on there phone not were the prams / trolley going

That scares the shi...poo out of me!

I had one a couple of weeks ago who just ran out in front of me with a little'un. She LAUGHED the whole way across. My Mum even swore - which is a big thing for her!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

I really hate this too then they wonder why the kid grows up with no road sense and when they get hit by a car it's somehow the driver's fault...

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

My peeve today is the total dipstick in a Passat that decided to tailgate me for 5 miles coming back from the car show today.

I brake checked him twice and he proceeded to undercut me giving the cranker sign.

Pity he got caught by a speed camera around the bend though. :p

Bugs me that !, they take the hit & miss!, but at least you saw him get his karma

Lucky I was off duty and had the wife in the car or I'd have done him too.

So your plod?, hoped you remembered his plate for next time

I am indeed :)

Didn't need to remember the VRN.

Mr Gatso made a note of it for me ;)

• Like 1

Your've got the best job in the world!, wish I'd joined ,

• Like 1

I am indeed :)

Didn't need to remember the VRN.

Mr Gatso made a note of it for me ;)

Some #+#+& set alight to a gatso van over here when they were first introduced. ...must be a passat day too lenny was pulling onto motorway just off a roundabout and some muppet pulled straight out of hard shoulder missing us by inches until I screamed at my darling leo to pull out...hope he gets the !Removed! for a week

• Like 1

Not a massive peeve. But people who don't clean out their cars! You wouldn't leave a half eaten cheeseburger on your sofa or a squashed can on your living room floor to drip dregs! Why do it in your car?! Oh even worse the Muppet who every night for the last few years, throws their McDonald's waste out of the car on the way home, you moron you obviously live in the countside too what are you thinking? The field fairies pick it up??!!

That's countryside!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club