Ford Enthusiast

• 2,510 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

They should be made to:

Take a cycle proficiency test (like some of us did in the old days!)

Teach them to watch out for people getting out of cars and leave more space

AND

Make the fitting of wing mirrors compulsory 

Saw on the news this morning that the death rate for cyclists had gone up by 10%. I wonder why ? ?

You have to do these things if you want to ride a motor bike and as some of these people today can go quicker on a normal bike than some 'phut phuts', it would sense (my opinion!)

As well as then being hung drawn and quartered for their treasonous acts on our (the motor vehicle user) roads.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#167 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

I get so annoyed at people who cant drive to the speed limit on dual carriage ways/motorways. Seriously if you cant drive at 60/70mph on a perfect day/good conditions you shouldnt be driving :@

#168 MitchellPetrie

MitchellPetrie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name: Mitchell
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK VII 1.25L
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Un-insured drivers! it annoys me so much when people don't insure their cars... being 19 I paid £2200 this year to insure my 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style+ because I want my car to be well looked after and to stay on the right side of the law... but then you see people with no insurance and no intention of getting it when the fines for it seem to be significantly less than what I pay for it.

Also about 2 months ago i was sat at a red light when i was hit from behind by a Corsa who then attempted to drive off round me -_-... dashcam to the rescue, or so i thought until i found out they were uninsured so i was still left to foot the bill...

#169 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,446 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Un-insured drivers! it annoys me so much when people don't insure their cars... being 19 I paid £2200 this year to insure my 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style+ because I want my car to be well looked after and to stay on the right side of the law... but then you see people with no insurance and no intention of getting it when the fines for it seem to be significantly less than what I pay for it.

Also about 2 months ago i was sat at a red light when i was hit from behind by a Corsa who then attempted to drive off round me -_-... dashcam to the rescue, or so i thought until i found out they were uninsured so i was still left to foot the bill...

Mitchell

I totally agree with you my son and daughter have both stayed legal and paid over £2k for the first year,only thing to look forward to is the cheaper 2nd year.

Did you report your accident to police? They would normally impound and crush the car for no insurance, even more satisfying if it's a C***a :)  

#170 MitchellPetrie

MitchellPetrie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name: Mitchell
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK VII 1.25L

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Mitchell

I totally agree with you my son and daughter have both stayed legal and paid over £2k for the first year,only thing to look forward to is the cheaper 2nd year.

Did you report your accident to police? They would normally impound and crush the car for no insurance, even more satisfying if it's a C***a :)  

I wish I had but my insurance said that there was no point in pursuing it so i left it, although had i of known this i would have haha

#171 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: MK1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 in Midnight Blue
  • Year: 2000

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

What irritates me most (out of a long, long list) is drivers who go right up your back side when you're going along at 60, then after eventually overtaking you slow down to about 50!  I really don't understand the logic there.

#172 Stogies

Stogies

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

The inability to use an indicator correctly (or at all).
Young (23 myself like lol) drivers that just love to fly up your !Removed!
Fed up of customers getting in the car, allowing their kids to put their feet on my seats. I am also sick to death of people feeling the need to empty their handbags out in my car. Or, as of recently leaving chewing gum!
Lastly, scrapes on the interior. I hate hearing the sound of people scraping their feed along my doors because they are too lazy or drunk to properly open a door and exit the car.
Ohh, people who sit in the front and feel the need to spread out on the arm rest and also ones who play with my radio.

#173 SeanW

SeanW

• FOC Supporters
  • 509 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

But...if you use the indicators, they're no longer new :-P

Know what you mean about passengers!! And that's only friends and family!! My girlfriend was a horror for putting her feet up on my dash to see how muddy they were, and sweet wrappers - reckon the current owner of the Punto is still finding them (despite my best efforts). She also fiddles with the radio, but I'm banned from doing so in hers.

I've almost got her trained...almost...

#174 Boosh

Boosh

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: Mathieu
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 1.8 TDCI estate
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

How come no-one's mentioned middle-lane drivers on the motorway? Or is it just me? The correct lane REGARDLESS of the speed is the left-most available lane. Driving in the middle lane at 60 (or 70, or any speed) is not safe. 

Boosh.

#175 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I dont mind people being in the middle lane of the motor way and realy dont see the problem AS LONG as they're driving to the speed limit. Middle lane drivers doing 60 in a 70 zone winds me up. I get more amnoyed at people who constantly hog the outer lane though I seen it on my way down to Blackpool this week this van driver was in the outside lane for about 10minutes 5 of which was with police with flashing lights trying to get past

#176 hubby1959

hubby1959

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK 2
  • Year: 1999

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Middle lane drivers used to be the bain of my life in my previous occupation, some will know while others don't but large goods vehicles over 7.5 tonne are forbidden to use the third lane on the motorway.

I've seen cases where a driver has been so irate at the car driver he's driven right up on the cars back bumper and hit all the lights and air horn at the same time, the car driver didn't know whether to go left, right or have a brown trouser job.

#177 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 825 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Ah where to begin:

Drivers who crawl at 15/20mph on a 30mph road, with no traffic insight. Upon passing them, they are either lost, on the phone, or just not paying attention. :huh:

Tailgaters, literally if you cannot see a drivers headlights in ur rear view mirror, they are too close. Why drive right up my !Removed!, doesn't make me drive faster. :blink:

The near missers. You know the ones, who pull out without looking, open car doors in the middle of the main road without looking, pedestrians talking on their phone instead of looking before crossing the road. <_<

Cyclists running red lights. :oops:

Black cab drivers stopping anywhere they feel fit, even if its the middle of the !Removed! road to pick up fares. (/wrists) :iim:

But nothing tops pedestrians having conversations in the middle of the road, leaning through a car window with their bums sticking out in the road and expecting drivers to navigate around them. - My wing mirror says hello  :censored:  

#178 B13

B13

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Name: Linda
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta van
  • Year: 2010

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

Cyclists. Not much needed to be said there.

Oi !!! I'm a keen cyclist, horse rider and car nut!!

:D

The snag is, unlike The Netherlands, the UK's road system was never designed for anything other than 'Single Use for Everyone'. Over in The Netherlands, cyclists have their own off-the-road paths and generally, everyone gets along fine! This is how it should be.

Now as a cyclist, I pay road tax (and every other kind if bloomin' tax) that (allegedly...) pays for the upkeep of the roads for ALL users (although judging by all the potholes, I'd love to know exactly where our money goes...) and at last! we are beginning to see proper cycle paths being put in. This is again, a good thing because as a cyclist, having to use the road scares me witless, so I'm switching to off-road!!

I understand car drivers' frustration because I drive a car myself, but I can't cycle on the pavements because I face a £50 on-the-spot fine if I do. It's illegal to do so, plain and simple.

I absolutely agree that something like the Cycling Proficiency Test needs to be brought back in. Absolutely. If you buy a bike, you should produce a certificate to prove that you have taken a test. Because it's Numpty Cyclists who are giving the rest of us a bad name. Can't agree more on that!! A lot of cyclists are campaigning to get cycle paths put in and for proper training to be implemented. Fear not: we're working on it.

;)

As for horse riding, these are !Removed! big animals. Their approach to life (as prey animals) is spook first, ask questions later. They can be habituated to road use, but are as unpredictable as any other animal (or human!) can be. Wherever possible, the law should be changed to allow horse riders to walk on the grass verges. You wouldn't walk your dog in the road, so why walk your horse along it??

Laws created for horse riders in the 19th century when cars were few and far between have absolutely zero relevance today.

Again, horse riders are fighting to change the law to make the roads safer.

Basically, I'm all for making roads safer for everyone.

:)

Now MY pet peeve is wimmen (I'm afraid to say) in London who feel that they need an SUV (that they can barely handle) in Chelsea/Fulham/Kensington to take their ONE CHILD 500 meters to school.

Buy a Mini!! Walk!! get the bus!! There's no off-road in Fulham (I know: I used to live there...) FFS!!!

:D :D :D

#179 VickiC

VickiC

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Muppets that flash other drivers to warn them off speed cameras does my head in if your speeding you deserve the fine and penalty points ... ya wouldn't warn a thief that there a security guard watch him so why flash someone!!!!!!

#180 The Admiral

The Admiral

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Name: Vincent
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

As Dan the gasman says we pay Billons in road tax and only 9% of the revenue taken is actually used for the roads?, How have we (the general public ) allowed this to happen ? There should be a public inquiry!!!

The other thing I hate is and see everyday is people on the phone whilst driving !, Should be banned for a month and there vehicles impounded for the month also.  

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users