jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 569 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

back to my original post though, when i said surprisingly i wasnt referring to this specific case, no doubt about it theres only the cyclists side to take on this one. i just meant in my general experience on a whole its usually the cyclist being an idiot

You should try driving in Cambridge city centre - they are everywhere and a complete law to themselves. And because there are so many, the efforts of the Police to combat no lights etc prove fruitless!

Problem is, if a cyclist pulls across in front of you without looking and you hit them, is it always the driver at fault?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#122 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,547 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

And what about those drivers who set their seat so far back they can hardly see over the steering wheel which they hold with one hand, at the top, and windows down with "music" so loud you can't hear your own stereo.

#123 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

........... i just meant in my general experience on a whole its usually the cyclist being an idiot

Like this you mean  :o  :o  :o

#124 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

JEEEEESUUSSS :o :o :o :o

#125 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,547 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

OMG drive (ride) at a speed suitable to the prevailing traffic conditions.

Just confirms my thoughts really.

#126 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

What got me was the other prat that did the exact same thing behind the first cyclist.

Common sense dictates- if the bus is pulling out and there's a truck in the way STOP!

Legally other road users should give way to cyclists/pedestrians/prams/wheelchairs etc. but Mr brain says Don't push your luck.

Typical London cyclist though, they all think they're invincible.

Same filtering rule applies as it does to Motorbikes.

#127 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

Another thing that really grinds my gears is Chuggers, had one being sarky with me yesterday until I took his I.D off him and chucked it in a locked bin.

At least while he was waist deep in the bin retrieving the darn thing innocent passers-by could go about their business while he had the indignity of having to dumpster dive for his tatty laminated bit of card he probably made himself.

Horrible little oik!

#128 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,516 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Latest in AutoExpress - They're trying to get it so that if a cyclist has an accident with a car, it is automatically the fault of the car driver until proven otherwise...

Also another Pet Peeve - vegetarians.

#129 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,516 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

What a bunch of gentleman part ends... He nearly gets killed and the car and bus both stop (probably because the damn idiot has decided to take their paintwork with him), a bunch of other pee ants decide to fly down the gap as well... Is it any wonder I have no time for cyclists?

One took my door mirror off on my previous Fiesta and tried acting as though it wasn't him when I stopped him, physically grabbed the bike and rang the police (he threatened to 'knock my face off' whilst I was on the phone so I got quite a speedy response :P ) until he realised he'd been caught on a CCTV camera running the red light and destroying my mirror... Seriously until they pay road tax AND insurance, they should stay off the roads. If I have to pay tax and insurance, they should too.

#130 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Latest in AutoExpress - They're trying to get it so that if a cyclist has an accident with a car, it is automatically the fault of the car driver until proven otherwise...

Also another Pet Peeve - vegetarians.

I said that a few posts ago and its absolutely rediculous. It should be left as no ones fault untill its been decided otherwise not apportioned to the driver

#131 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,690 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Seriously until they pay road tax AND insurance, they should stay off the roads. If I have to pay tax and insurance, they should too.

I thought technically though there was no such thing as road tax, or so I was told. I thought the vehicle tax you pay depends on your vehicle's emissions - you aren't paying to use the roads.
So if you buy a very low/no emission vehicle you won't pay tax either - just like a cyclist wouldn't.

And can you imagine trying to enforce bike insurance without licence plates/vin numbers/registered keepers etc. lol Would be great but ain't gonna happen. :-/

Also another Pet Peeve - vegetarians.

This made me chuckle :D

#132 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,516 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

If that's the case, then cyclists should have to have their breath analysed for CO2 emissions and be taxed on that >_>

Or taxed just on existence?

#133 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,690 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

If that's the case, then cyclists should have to have their breath analysed for CO2 emissions and be taxed on that >_>

Or taxed just on existence?

Haha, ya love cyclists really don't ya lol ;-)

#134 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,516 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Haha, ya love cyclists really don't ya lol ;-)

Totally. I'd exterminate the lot. Either face extermination or get off and walk >_>

#135 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,838 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Got back to my car at in a car park today, some inconsiderate mum was putting her kids in the back of her car with the door up against my car! :censored:

I quickly moved her door off my car and pointed out to her what she had done, she just blanked me, got in her car and drove off.

Fortunately there is no dent, but it has damaged the paint work. It was one of those situations where there was so much I wish I could have said or done, but knew nothing would change the fact or get anything done about it.

Miffed me right off for the rest of the afternoon, it is just so rude and inconsiderate, she may have not given a hoot about her own car, but at least show a bit of respect for others.

I just hope it will mostly come out with some polish and buffing up, I can't see the point in getting it done as someone else is bound to come along and do it again :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users