GaryLinn

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK6
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi all,

Thought I would grab some opinions.

To set the stall out the car (MK6 fiesta ) has been lowered, and has a full stainless steel exhaust system, and its passed an MOT on Tuesday with just a exhaust bracket needing replaced.

The car seems to violently shudder/shaking when its idle , ie at a traffic lights or parked up, you can really feel it moving underneath you. I just put it down to the fact the exhaust is moving around underneath the car.

But upon "googling" the symptoms, it seems that the shuddering could be caused possibly by a damaged engine mount, or gearbox, or an exhaust mount, or even the butterfly valve.

At the weekend I am going to investigate the engine department and try and find the mounts, I have a 80 day mechanical warranty but the garage is in Southampton (im in Bournemouth) and just want to make sure that im exploring every possible option before driving there, see if anyone else has had this issue, or am is it just the case that the exhaust is causing the shuddering.

Thoughts please?

ps. the revs don't move at all.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 GaryLinn

GaryLinn

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK6
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Update. Car has lost all of its coolent and I'm stuck in tescos until the aa come and get me .

#3 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Sorry to hear that, possibly the source of your problem

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users