Photo

Where Has The Update / Bluetooth Audio Gone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 philljoynes

philljoynes

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: SMax
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have recently purchased and 09 SMax with the NX navigation system installed. I could not get it to recognise my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), however reading throguh the manual, it suggested doing an update via ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk. I did this and whilst it did not confirm it had completed and turned off about 20 minutes into it, it did display the bluetooth audio option.

I then had an issue with where the guages did not work (even in diagnostic mode, but that is a whole other sotry) and to resolve this I disconnected the battery and whilst this resolved the gauge issue, the bluetooth audio option has now disappeared?

I thought it may ahve just reset back to what it was before and needed me to run the update again, however when I try to apply the update it says update not required. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 tomtom70

tomtom70

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: C-Max Mk2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

If I remember correctly, the 09 satnav needed a firmware upgrade (may already be installed on yours) and a change to vehicle settings (via workshop PC/IDS) to enable BT audio. The check for the setting may have been skipped once after your update, and then only been done after the reset (thus disabling the option again).

#3 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Is your phone still paired. Maybe try pairing again or. even remove paired phone and repair it

#4 philljoynes

philljoynes

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replys.

I have tried to update the NX to SP 5.3 and this updated, but did not bring back any bluetooth functionality. Interestingly there is a service menu on the NX that is accessed by holding the NAV and Menu buttons for a second and then when you let go it takes you there, to several tests and versions menu.

I have also tried repairing, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess it will be a trip to Ford and hefty wedge. Does anyone konw how much it would reoughly be?

#5 tomtom70

tomtom70

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: C-Max Mk2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

To be clear - is your issue with Bluetooth Audio (music playback via Bluetooth), or is all Bluetooth functionality gone? If it's the latter, the handsfree module needs a reset (via fuse or battery reconnect), if this doesn't help, the attempted update probably bricked it.

#6 philljoynes

philljoynes

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks tomtom70, I can still use and see the options for Bluetooth phone (calls, phone book etc.) however I no longer see the Bluetooth option in the CD/AUX menu? I will try resting the Bluetooth module tonight, just in case and let you know how it goes.

#7 Kevin B

Kevin B

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi philljoynes,

Did the Bluetooth reset sort out the Bluetooth Audio issue ?

#8 philljoynes

philljoynes

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Unfortunately not. I even took it to the Ford dealer for another issue and asked then to have a look at this at the same time and perform all the updates they could. They couldn't fix it and didn't know why.

The grumpy man told me that I should not mess with updating the car myselfmyself! To which I replied, that the manual told me to do it and gave me instructions on how to do so. To which he said Food really shouldn't be doing that.

I have done sold the car (the 2.3 litre petrol engine was a little thirsty and a killer on tax).

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users