Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ac Re-Gass Diy

vince_13

has anyone re-gassed there AC on a 59 plate focus? is it worth it? is it easier for a garge?

my hot air is coming out barely warm now, the previous owner had it for 3 years and the AC has never been changed (to my knowledge)

I have topped up various cars using the Halfords stuff. Just make sure its got PAG oil and sealant (in case the system joint seals have started to shrink) in it as well and you have a pressure gauge to avoid over filling.

It may be worth looking at the Kwik Fit offer to. Hopefully you haven't got a leak in the system though.

Vince you refer to you Hot air coming out not very warm , when you refer to AC , do you get Chilled cool air when temp set to cold?

If you do and it's the hot air your refering to , check that you can hear the valve closing when moving temperature to hot , if it's manual then you could have a twisted cable restricting the valve closing behing the heater control.

Vince you refer to you Hot air coming out not very warm , when you refer to AC , do you get Chilled cool air when temp set to cold?

If you do and it's the hot air your refering to , check that you can hear the valve closing when moving temperature to hot , if it's manual then you could have a twisted cable restricting the valve closing behing the heater control.

hi preee, yeh the cold works perfectly which is why im puzzled why the hot air isnt the same, i know when i put the re-circ on the hot air heats up rapidly,

when i change my head unit i will have a look behind the dial for the wire and see if it caught on anything

Just so your aware it is illegal to use the A/C top up systems these days and you have to be licenced to work on or even service A/C systems now..... If your caught you can be find up to 10k and serve 5 years in prison for doing so.....

Personally I would recommend taking it somewhere that do it..... It's cheap enough if you shop around and they will put the correct amount of gas in unlike most of the cars with the top ups put in.

ah thanks lotty, didnt know that, ive never tackled something like that so bit put off by the thought just wanted some opinions

No worries Vince.....

I know a few people who have used the top up gas and had no problems but I've seen a few cars with burst hoses where someone has used these.

And the correct way to refill your system does involve emptying your old gas and vacing the system for.at least 30 mins to.draw out any moisture in the system.

yeh something which i may regret in the height of summer (if there is one) and my aircon doesnt work :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club