Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Seat Removal

jon-v8

I'm looking to remove the front seats to give the carpet a deep clean, but just want to check how to disconnect the wiring.

I take it it's just a case of disconnecting the battery for 15-20mins, then unplug?

Some have said either don't turn the ignition on throughout the removal/refitting, or disconnect the battery for up to an hour?

Also, is it a T50 Torx for the bolts?

Yes disconnect the battery just incase you trigger the Seat airbags , which is the case for the steering wheel but just play safe if you want to remove the seat , not sure of the size of the torx but that sounds pretty close T50

As Pree said, disconnecting the battery is always the safety option. You'll obviously need your radio code and to reset electric windows etc when you plug back in.

And to confirm, yes it is definitely a T50.

Word of acvice tape up the sharp edges on the runners as you will slice the plastic trim getting them in and out if you catch the trim take it from me also the connectors under the seat will only go back in the same position when reffiting just in case you forget where they went.

Cheers for the replies guys!

I had a feeling it was the same procedure for the seats as the steering wheel.

Gary, good call about the radio code. I have the sat nav in mine, but don't have a code for it??

Neil, been there, done that too! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club