Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Vs Kn Induction Filter

footfistart

Does anyone know if that discount still works on pri racing for the green cotton filter? I'm only asking as there are a couple of kn filters on eBay and I am wondering if they are any good compared with the green cotton. As the green cotton has only 60,000 mile warranty and kn has a million mile.

So my question is has anyone used both of these filter and is there a diffence between the two?

Many thanks

panel filter or induction filter? panel filter then they are both good induction filter i wouldnt even put one on unlless you want less power

It's a cone type filter ie the e-2993 part number from on. Less power how come? Due to the fact that the engine would need to be 're calibrated? I assume that would be right but I would of thought that it would help a little bit by being less restrictive so that the turbo has a bit more of a chance to spool up better without strain of my right foot :)

When you put an air filter on it obv increases air intake but also adds hot air from the engine bay to the cold air coming in hence the decrease in power

Wow thanks guys been a great help. Well I'm a kn fan as I had a big cone style on my fiesta and having that helped the car a lot. Dunno about power but fuel economy went up a he'll of a lot. Same driving and I could get 430 miles instead of 300 and to make it better it wasa fiver of eBay :) my fiesta was a 1.25 16v.

I may go with kn and perhaps getting the deep airbox for it also.

One thing I have noticed it that the snorkel. It stretches right across the front upper grill. Not sure whether to adjust it to suit. As looking at it you can take it off and looks like you get a stumpy snorkel intake. Whther that would make any difference at all who knows. There's a few kns on eBay for focus rs or the Volvo c30/v40 as the use the same filter plus having a million mile warrenty I may as well go with kn.

By the way it will be all enclosed as I don't fancy sucking hot air in. Defeats the idea of having an intercooler does it not lol :)

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have been getting better performance from a Pipercross panel filter than I did the K&N one in my previous car that had the same engine. This just feels smoother and revs more freely.

Really? Significant difference or just feel? I think I'll go for k&n I've used them before and and friends use them and can't fault them.

Is yours just a standard car or have you mapped it so you do feel difference? If that makes sense. I'm not mapping mine as warranty :( but being a 1.6 it's hardly worth it due to updating the clutch and what not....

Well my focus is a 110 1.6 and I have another topic going which is about dpf removal and people were mentioning about the clutch and upgrading it. Can't really remember what was said but if you have a read up people were saying about different clutches and saying that my original one won't last if I was to remap it.

And snorkel well I'm sure I am able to modify by using the orignal plastic scoop and perhaps aiding the intake and try and turn it into a ram air. If I do so then no more puddle splashing :( lol.

Really? Significant difference or just feel? I think I'll go for k&n I've used them before and and friends use them and can't fault them.

Is yours just a standard car or have you mapped it so you do feel difference? If that makes sense. I'm not mapping mine as warranty :( but being a 1.6 it's hardly worth it due to updating the clutch and what not....

With the K&N I didn't find any significant difference to the standard but I notice some with the Pipercross. The car is standard otherwise. I doubt in reality that there is much difference between any of them, it comes down to personal preference. I would say however the K&N filters are better quality.

No worries.... Oh yeah that sounds like a plan I'll try that. Even when it comes to selling it there cheap as chips to get a new snorkel.

But like I say I'm a kn fan and I've got one on the way. So I'm hoping with will make some sorta difference. Still save money when it comes to service time as its one less thing to buy/pay for.

What sorta mpg do you get standard. I get 61 and that's motoway and town driving. And to add to that... I only do 35 mile round trip to work. And that's not really driving like a granny lol. And what about your tuned 120hp Kenny? Any difference in the mapping? Economy wise?

oh really?? was it better than 55mpg before you got all of that done was that the reason why you went ahead with those mods.

theres a few people on turbo diesel owners club who have the 90hp and put the 110 injectors in when remapping. seem to get good power from doing so.

yeah my car is doing 61mpg now and during the summer i get anything from 62-66mpg. not bad really. i just thought try something cheap and chearful to help the car along. and soon enough it will eventually pay for its self :) all being well lol

i only get about 35 mpg as mine is mainly driving thru traffic in town about 15 miles. i then have a few trips in the day to pick kids up so again its very short journeys - less than 3 miles.

motorway wise, the best i've had is 60mpg as i did 60mph all the way to the outlaws (approx 120 miles).

if i was getting anything above 45mpg in town i'd be really chuffed.

Ryan, i too have a k&n to fit, just cleaned and oil it and may fit it tomorrow.

Lenny, my decat is booked in for Weds AM (gonna get the stuffing knocked out and getting an EGR blank fitted) and the rear silencer has gone too. strangely, the exhuast note sounds like a 5 pot!

35! My god that is poor well not suprising due to short journeys. Better off with a petrol. I bet your car doesn't even warm up in that time. Mine takes about five mins to warm up well by water temperature and about ten mins in the crap cold weather.

Oh really yeah fit it as I'd like to know what you think of it and I'll do the same when mine arrives. I managed to get mine for 35squids :)

As you mentioned Egr valve.... Where is it. I've had a look but I'm not really sure where it is. Is it round the back of the engine like the earlier models as in around 05. As mine is a 60plate I guess I'd have a slightly different engine as mine I think is a Euro5. I think not sure how to tell the difference between 4 and 5. But yeah anyways EGR valve.....

Is it worth me blanking it up to preserve it or leave it until it decides to break? If it's not broken don't fix it... As everyone seems to say but I like to think ahead with things. So good idea or bad.... If good where can I get a stainless plate from?

If bad I'll leave it be :)

No I haven't been in any other diesel. The closest I've been to a 90hp tdci is my girlfriends dad cmax. And that's all that. My car has more oooomph than that thing. Yeah deffs mate I'll make a thread. I don't know how to though. How do you? Is it same as making a new topic or different? I reckon it would spool much better which would be nice as I do have a flat spot around 1600 to about 1900rpm.

Do you know where the egr valve is? I want to blank it off to help more.

What do you think or anyone who is following this knows?

The EGR should be at the rear of the engine linked between the exhaust and inlet manifolds.

Usually a large steel tube with load of pipes branching in and out of it.

Oh i see.....said the blind man..... the next time ill be able to get my head under the bonnet is on wednesday as thats when i come off shift. i work 8am to 8pm four on four off so i need daylight. but hopefully by then my Kn should arrive and i can fit that and then create a thread of that for other people including the snorkel mod before and after pics and what not. thanks for your help again. i think ill make my own blanking plate. theres loads of stainless on eBay. if i can get the sizes then ill be able to make one :) i take it yours insnt blanked either??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club