Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

experiax10

Basic Service.

5 posts in this topic

Ive had my fiesta for about 16 months but only now doing 10,000 miles so think it's due a service. Just wondering what's actually usually included in a basic service?

It's due a service every year or 12,500 miles - whichever comes first. ie you're now 4 months overdue.

Basically just oil & filter change then they sit there looking at it for a bit ;) and charge you £150 for the privilege!

Oil filter, oil change, spark plugs, antifreeze, think thats it on a basic service

Some places don't even change spark plugs. They only change them if needed and will charge you extra.

Also, I phoned a place this morning that said that they'd do a full service, but only replace the filters if needed, and they'd be extra on top of the the £160+VAT!

How much is a service normally??

i normally pay £98 for the ford value service which is just about a full service except they dont change the odour/pollen filter.