Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

mondydriver

Air conditioning nightmare

4 posts in this topic

i have a 1997 mk 2 mondeo 1.8, and the air conditioning won't switch off, even with the key out of the ignition... the cooling fan relay is out (and left out) the relay is being fed positive from both sides, meaning the relay isn't needed :S, and the fans still run, i unplug the fans whenever i park up and that used to stop the battery from draining, but now it still drains...

and means the car needs jump starting pretty much every time i need to start it...

any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

thanks

mondydriver

(olley)

sound like theres a short on the wireing somewhere that is the only reason a fan can run with the ignition off.

a short it was indeed, spent the whole afternoon and evening stripping down the wiring to find the main feed for the fusebox completely bare... seems like a bodge job from the previous owner gone wrong...

glad you got it sorted.