Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Player

MikeLangwine

hi guys, so today arrived my new cd player (the 9 button) i am swapping this from the basic 6 button but however when swapping it wont work in the car does anybody know why? i have also bought the larger screen and it still does not work, the lock and hazard button works but the cd player does even light up.

Did you swap the CD player too? (silver box)

I don't know if that's definitely required as not done it myself but I know it does hold the software on it.

Do you know for certain this new controller worked before you got it?

no i didn't :( ill have a look on eBay and see if i cna get one then will try it! Thanks again!

I swapped my screen out first, then at a later date I swapped out both the buttons AND the CD player unit, never had any problems with either swap.

i have bought the larger screen for my basic cd player which didn't work, so had to take it back so hopefully this will be the reason it didn't work...

I put the larger screen in the with 6-button stereo and it worked fine

Proof:

dsc0107bi.jpg

i have the basic fiesta so that could be why ?

Personal preference but those units usually score badly in reviews in regards to the software (heard it feels "clunky" to use)

Hi looking at buying the new cd drive which will hopefully work? As the CD player won't work with the larger screen? My old one has 2 plugs at the back of the drive.. Is there anyway I could change the software to update it or not?