• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mad

mad

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have just had the head gasket replaced on my '02 Fiesta. Yesterday the engine warning light started flashing whilst driving, today it's staying on permanent and the engine is making an unsettling knocking noise from the top end. :unsure: The gasket change was a result of the car grinding to a halt on the M-Way in a 'hissing', 'bubbling' engine full of creamy goo kind of way :angry: . It's been back on the road for about a week after much expense. Is it a knock-on (no pun) result of breakdown or the repair that's at fault? I've heard tell of fault diagnostics linked to the trip computer, any help would....well....be a help.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

You'd need to find out the fault code that's making the eml light come on and take it from there. Could be any number of reasons as to whats wrong. Better narrowing down your search first

#3 mad

mad

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

You'd need to find out the fault code that's making the eml light come on and take it from there. Could be any number of reasons as to whats wrong. Better narrowing down your search first

Took it back to the garage this morning. He first said it was a dodgey plug causing a miss-fire on #2 cylinder, 'result', :lol: I thought. When he took the plug out it was black with oil, not good as they where changed only 10 days ago during head gasket re-fit. :( After a proper diag he comes back with info that comp psi is down on #2. Rings have gone :wacko: "Didn't you spot that last week when you had the head off?" i asked. "Erm...Well we weren't looking for that" He bluffed. :o I aint a complete !Removed! when it comes to engines. "Did you do a compression test when you re-fitted the head?" I quizzed. "Of course" He mumbled. "1 in a 1,000 this, but it happens. It will set you back 350 just for labor." You're avin a giraffe mate. :angry: I know the rings failure aint down to him, but i don't see why i should carry the cost of having the head re-done when it could have been detected and sorted the first time round. Any suggestions???

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users