Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wont Start Endura 1.8De

polyal

hi

its getting diesel ..its got new glowplugs..it didn't breakdown

but now it wont start..it just tries to fire but just puffs out grey smoke even with plenty of cranking power

can anyone help

its a 1999 V REG fiesta 35 van

regards

polyal

I would double check the Glo Plugs and wiring to them , put the old ones back in see if it starts

hi paul

thanks for the reply..the glow plugs are definately working..they have a resistance of about 3ohms

are sinking about 15A each when the glowplug indicator is on + they were bench tested before they were put

into the vehicle ( 3 of the original glopugs were faulty..hence the new set )

someones mentioned giving it a tow start ..does this make sense

its cranking really well on a fully charged battery

regards

polyal

I would still say there may be a problem with the glo plugs to be getting grey smoke , a compression test might shed a little light on the subjuect as well.

Switch them around in case the first one is faulty

hi paul

thanks for the reply..the glow plugs are definately working..they have a resistance of about 3ohms

are sinking about 15A each when the glowplug indicator is on + they were bench tested before they were put

into the vehicle ( 3 of the original glopugs were faulty..hence the new set )

someones mentioned giving it a tow start ..does this make sense

its cranking really well on a fully charged battery

regards

polyal

If they are drawing about 15A each then the resistance will be more like 0.8 ohms

in effect the resistance is short circuit + the device ( gloplug ) when it gets hot the resistance increases

the 3 ohm reading is the multimeter readout which is very dependant on the multimeter spec

so 3 ohms is as good as a short cicuit ( but not quite ) hence the effect of the gloplug

if you short circuit a battery with a zero resistance material then nothing happens

because there is no voltage drop ...so no current can flow

the nearest you can get to zero resistance is silver ...but never zero

in effect the resistance is short circuit + the device ( gloplug ) when it gets hot the resistance increases

the 3 ohm reading is the multimeter readout which is very dependant on the multimeter spec

so 3 ohms is as good as a short cicuit ( but not quite ) hence the effect of the gloplug

if you short circuit a battery with a zero resistance material then nothing happens

because there is no voltage drop ...so no current can flow

the nearest you can get to zero resistance is silver ...but never zero

I would love to see someone short out a battery with something of '0' resistance, the battery's internal resistance will cause it to heat up and probably explode

Just hope I'm not around someone trying it :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club