Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modification Projects/general Modification Discussions

DanGersFord

From my limited experience I'd say Mongoose exhausts and K&N filters but can't promise their products for your car are the most suitable or perform best.

But they should sound faster!

• Like 1

What's people's views on piper cross panel filters and a drilled air box ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've used PiperCross in my old Toyota Levin BZR sound great,

There foam filters though,

So drilling the airbox won't go well with a foam filter because there's greater chance of water getting in there,

The foam will soak it up,

If drilling the airbox like i have done,

I recommend a Green Cotton induction filter,

The cotton will handle getting damp better than foam filters,

See my guide for link to purchase aswell as a 10% discount:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

What does drilling your airbox achieve and where do you drill a hole?

Iv heard using come filters are no good for the car as they take warm air in from the engine bay and this is no good for the car is this true ?

What does drilling your airbox achieve and where do you drill a hole?

. Iv heard drilling the air box only allows a small amount of warm air in and your still getting your cold intake which is better for the car and usually people drill a number of holes in the base of the air box

Would drilling my airbox be beneficial on a 1.8tdci engine i was told bot to use cone filter in mine die to soaking up warm air the u havto run a cold air feed to it sounded to much of a pain im the !Removed! for minimal gain

Cone filters can have benefits depending where they're mounted in the engine bay, i.e. low down behind the bumper vs sat on top of the engine. Then there's possibilities for adding in some heatshields and so on. The issue with drawing in hot air through the filter is that it's less efficient for the engine and can lose power (less oxygen content in warmer air I believe). I don't know how much you'd see the effect on a turbocharged car as the turbo does a pretty good job of heating up the intake air in any case.

Drilling the airbox can let more air into the airbox if the intake to it is considered to be restrictive, course if that's hot air out of the engine bay again it may not help. Would expect drilling holes in the bottom stops any water that gets into teh engine bay dripping down into the airbox.

Another consideration is that cone filters sound faster and let you hear nice noises from a turbo :)

If I was to cone mine I'm pretty sure it's sat on top of the engine bay so I'm not gunna bother but what's your views on the piper cross high flow induction chamber ?

Can't say much about the Pipercross kit sorry as I've never used one - looks like a variation on the closed canister type of induction kit rather than open cone filter.

Is there anyone that could give me any advice on how to modify my car, I'm new to all this modification stuff, wanting more power and I want it sounding powerful aswell, I have a ford fiesta zetec s 09, it's not a turbo either, any advice would be appreciated.

Is there anyone that could give me any advice on how to modify my car, I'm new to all this modification stuff, wanting more power and I want it sounding powerful aswell, I have a ford fiesta zetec s 09, it's not a turbo either, any advice would be appreciated.

To be honest mate for a non turbo to gain more power you will be throwing all sorts of money at it.

What litre is it? May be worth a remap.

You could add an air filter and stainless steel exhaust which will improve bhp slightly and give you a nice sound.

I'd remap after doing the exhaust and filter to get the full benefits.

To be honest mate I'm not sure on a remap. You would have to speak to a company that does them and see what increase you would get.

On my 1.6 focus it's not worth it.

What about modifying the looks?

The list is endless mate. Depends what you want to spend on it.

Bodykits

Lowered suspension

alloys

Led interior lights.

Upgrade exterior lights

Decals

Tinted windows

The list goes on. Lol. It will go as far as you can with your money. Lol

When I brought it, it already had a front body kit and a spoiler on it, need some side skirts don't know where I would get these from, are the interior lights easy to change as I'm not really a dab hand at car stuff

On a focus they are really easy. Not too sure if it would be the same on a fiesta.

I normally just search eBay for all my bits and bobs. It can give you some ideas you never thought off.

You should find side skirts on eBay aswel mate.

Go faster stripes are not my cup of tea. But I would prob say white would look best. Google red fiesta with white stripe. There must be one on there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club