Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

DanGersFord

Modification Projects/general Modification Discussions

198 posts in this topic

You def need side skirts on it.

Paint the callipers and tint the windows. That would be where I start with.

What do you think to having the alloys dipped black or do you think that would ruin it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've got black alloys on a blue focus and it looks good imo.

Again use Google to try and find an image of your car with black wheels.

I think they would look sweet in gloss black.

Black alloys would look great with red car I'd say, the 2 colours go well together.

With the stripes there's fair amount of choice, look on website for DMB Graphics for some ideas.

http://www.dmb.uk.com/

They don't need to be OTT to make an impact, even something like a black 'mountune' style stripe can make a subtle difference :)

I looked on there earlier I wanted some gel overlays but could not find them on there, I've also seen on a fiesta where you can something for your steering wheel where it says zetec s didn't know where I could get this from

Ford pulled the contract on dmb for the gel badges. They do custom ones so might be worth dropping them an email to see if they can do you fiesta ones.

troy45 likes this

Wondered why they didn't do them anymore, do you think they would look good in red and black ? Also your all going to laugh but are they easy to put on ?

Easiest thing in the world, clean the existing badge and make sure it is dry, heat it with a hairdryer and also heat the new badge, peel the backing off and then apply it, smooth out and stretch it to the edges to cover it all bingo you're done!

I was thinking about having them dipped the ones I've got now would that look stupid ?

What you mean dipped like hydrographics and what kind of print/ colour would you have on them personally I prefer standard alloys

Well I heard I could have then dipped, I want then just a nice black but don't know whether this would look stupid, ive got a ford fiesta zetec s 09

I am a fan of black alloys but I'm thinking of gun metal grey for mine just something different gunna spray grills etc same colour

I think I'm going to start with having my window tinted and getting wind deflectors. Can you have alloys resprayed ?

Yea you can. Most refurbishers will change the colour. Or you can do it yourself.

You tube it mate. It will explain it alot better cos you will have the video aswel.

I don't know whether I would be best having them done by a progressional I'm not the best with cars ha.

It's easy enough just have to rub the old alloys down primer them then spray then lacker

Just take your time and be patient.

Due to service my mk6 fiesta zetec s can anyone recommend good oils to use spark plugs etc ?gunna put a piper cross panel filter in aswell