Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Pressure Gauge Help!

RDelaCourt

Hi there guys i' hoping someone can help me i have a 2005 ford fiesta zetec s tdci and ive just put a new engine in due to the previous engine failing. ive just finished fitting the new engine in but the oil light is coming up but when hold the revs up slightly the light goes off. so i bought an oil pressure gauge along with a boost gauge and a oil temperature gauge. but the t-piece ive bought separately doesn't fit into the engine block (its a t-piece)

so has anyone here fitting gauges to their fiesta? please could someone back to me regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Ok -

A genuine Ford oil filter can help keep the oil pressure up (pattern ones can be restrictive) and fully synthetic oil flows better when cold/ offers better protection .

the oil pressure gauge normally requires a special adaptor that fits between the oil filter and the engine, this fits on engines with external "cartrige" type disposable oil filters, it may be difficult to fit the oil pressure gauge sender to "internal" type oil filter

Hi there, thanks for the reply.The plate your i think you may be referring to is called a "sandwich" which is placed in between the block and oil filter cartridge. i have a diesel and i think its differs from the petrol version in this case. I need to find an adapter, like a t-piece which can fit into the block and so both the oil switch and my oil pressure gauge can be fitted. My friend told me that ford make a testing unit which is basically a hase with a bolt on the end which goes into the block and has a gauge at the other end. its only for testing though not for use when driving

Yes, i will see what i can do, could you post up pictures of the oil filter housing and where the testing unit connects?.

i dont know whhy but its not letting me upload them on here, ,could i email you the pics?

Not sure if I should jump into this as I am not an expert on Ford engines, but I have wired more than my fair share of marine diesels.

We tend to fit what I refer to as a Y piece, this avoids the corners and reduces the pressure drop (along with detecting problems far faster!) unfortunately you will have to find a supplier with a decent range of adaptors to fit it. However like FOCA states you need to make sure your filter is flowing correctly. if not then your "oil warning light" might be telling the truth and you have very little pressure.

Not sure if I should jump into this as I am not an expert on Ford engines, but I have wired more than my fair share of marine diesels.

We tend to fit what I refer to as a Y piece, this avoids the corners and reduces the pressure drop (along with detecting problems far faster!) unfortunately you will have to find a supplier with a decent range of adaptors to fit it. However like FOCA states you need to make sure your filter is flowing correctly. if not then your "oil warning light" might be telling the truth and you have very little pressure.

Always good to get good ideas from other places :)

What does the Y piece do. is this so one part of the "Y" is connected to the oil pressure sender. and another for the oil temp sender? or for something else?

Ive heard the oil temp sender could be simply tapped into the sump? , how effective would that be? / would the temp read lower?

I will be having a go at this myself, already have the boost gauge connected, have a set of other gauges to fit, including oil pressure, ive got a 1000 other things to do on the car, though

Ive got an oil pressure gauge fitted and ive purchased a braided hose with T piece take off

Which allows you to fit both stock and aftermarket sensors.

I first purchased the wrong sized braided take off which i now have no use for as i require for my 1.6TDCi DV6 engine is M16x1.5 sized one.

I will find out what size it is and it may match what you require.

BglwwCGkKGrHqJiYEzMy7VgciBM43WM4g_12.jpg

Image2075.jpg

Hi guys thanks for the responses, ,really appreciate it! Lenny where did you purchase the braided hose and t-peice? ive found this on demon tweeks...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fittings-accessories/lma-oil-pressure-remote-t-piece

Also i've rung Ford up and they don't even know what size thread the oil switch is! im assuming my fiesta TDCI would share some of the same qualities Lenny so if you could find out the thread type i would appreciate it,

Thanks again!

Hi guys thanks for the responses, ,really appreciate it! Lenny where did you purchase the braided hose and t-peice? ive found this on demon tweeks...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fittings-accessories/lma-oil-pressure-remote-t-piece

Also i've rung Ford up and they don't even know what size thread the oil switch is! im assuming my fiesta TDCI would share some of the same qualities Lenny so if you could find out the thread type i would appreciate it,

Thanks again!

Hi mate,

Ford wouldn't need to know the spec of the parts due to the manufacture designated part number on each item specific to each model or engine size.

If your engine block is the same as my 1.6TDCi with the sensor location under the oil dip stick

Then you need this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280696962422?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Same as me, but I haven't purchased yet.

To be 100% sure that your sensor is M16 prior to purchasing the adaptor.

Go to your local DiY store and purchase an M16 nut,

Then try screw the oil pressure sensor in to it.

If it fits then the M16 adaptor is the one for you.

I've logged on to micksgarage.ie and typed in my engine and car model.

Then selected oil pressure sensor.

They then offer to sell the sensor aswell as showing the size and says its M16 on the 1.6TDCi engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club