• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Castanea

Castanea

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Has anyone done it DIY? Mine needs replacing, but been quoted 270 plus 2 hours fitting to replace. Been doing some seaching and found the unit on fleabay and thinking of buttering up the OH to fit it.

If you have done it, will it initiate divorce proceedings?!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 itsrelfy

itsrelfy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Focus mk3 Titanium x
  • Year: 2012

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hi I have done this today. It's actually very simple. All you need to do is reach underneath and unplug the fan. Then undo the harness. To do this you just need to pull and jiggle the fixings until they come away from the fan housing. Then take off the pipe that connects the air box to the engine. You just need to unscrew two jubilee clips. Then remove the air box. This is held in place with rubber lugs and just needs a good pull. After that take the top radiator hose off. You need a hose clamp so you don't lose too much coolant. Then just unclip the fan and pull it out.

The part itself is expensive. 230 quid plus vat from ford just for the part. But I found a good used part on ebay for 70 quid and its perfect. All in all it took about 40 minutes to do.

Regards
Adrian.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users