Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Mondeo 2.0 Tddi Rad Fans Running From Cold

deadmantalking

Hi im new to this hopefully someone can help me out

i have 2001 2.0tddi mondeo i start the car up from cold with in 20sec the twin rad fans are running, they run for a bit then stop then start up again.

ive checked all the fuses and relays i also fitted a temp sender in the head thinking i was sending the wrong info the the ecu,

ive turned the heater control off the screen and and turned the blowers off

i have got hot air coming from the heater and there is water on the max line of the coolant system

has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it

thanks mike

The radiator fans come on automatically when you have the AC on, the AC comes on automatically on demist

if its not that there is a thermostat for the radiator fans in the plastic fan cowl - i think this feeds a relay in the front fuse box, the fans use a lot of power and if they are staying on it may be worth disconnecting one as a temporary measure in cooler weather

looks like it was bad connection somewhere i removed the battery, unpluged the two plug in the fusebox next to the battery checked thw wires inside it, unpluged the connector block at the back by the airbox and unpluged the rad fan resistor refitted everthing and all works as it should

hopefully this will help someone with the same problem