Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Very nice. I've had the V5 for nearly 2 weeks but still no sign of my white Zetec :(

That makes me feel better, l've been waiting nearly 3 months for my ZS, when l phone the dealer he keeps giving me a delivery date, but still no sign of the car yet, l don't think he really knows when the car will be in, not very good customer communication.

Just received the V5 documents for Black Zetec-S (Privacy Glass, Red seats) today and Ford text to say that the delivery week ending on the 13th (This week) Hopefully will have it soon! (taking into account no more of Ford's very common delays) Will keep you updated.

How do you get a V5 before delivery and registration?

Not entirely sure. The car was stored in Dagenham and was supposed to be delivered last week however delivery got delayed because of the Easter Bank Holidays, The car was registered on the 4th April and received the V5 today through the post. Then Ford said Delivery week is the 13th of April. This is my first time buying a new car as I'm only 20. So I'm not exactly sure on how the whole process 'should' go. Sorry

i've had my V5 for about a week for a (black ZS red seat/17"/city pack) dealer said it's stuck at Dagenham, delivery date was 6/4, but l reckon l have a couple of weeks yet, mind you at least it should be warmer.

• Like 1

How do you get a V5 before delivery and registration?

As an accountant I can explain this, if they can fiddle the car and register in 2012/13 tax year then it'll boost their figures at year end.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas on where from/how to fix a red 'S' to the grille (similar to the ST style).

Also what's the best way to improve protection of the rad etc from crud / stones; the honeycomb black grille does seem to have pretty wide gaps, wouldn't want to suffocate it tho! Wondered about a finer black plastic mesh behind the grille, if it's easy to remove/replace?

inath (HERE) has a few vids on grill removal which are worth checking out.

http://youtu.be/DQPXypmN1j4

I will be pulling my grill off in a few days and posting a few pictures so keep an eye on my post about the Zetec s front grill HERE :)

Thanks for that, Willy; much appreciated. Watching that thread! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Wondered if anyone has any ideas on where from/how to fix a red 'S' to the grille (similar to the ST style).

Also what's the best way to improve protection of the rad etc from crud / stones; the honeycomb black grille does seem to have pretty wide gaps, wouldn't want to suffocate it tho! Wondered about a finer black plastic mesh behind the grille, if it's easy to remove/replace?

I used a small belt sander and gently sanded away the space I needed then bought a couple of S logos off eBay for £2.95 each which just stick on. Looks good as well.

post-41797-0-03589900-1366218321_thumb.j

I used a small belt sander and gently sanded away the space I needed then bought a couple of S logos off ebay for £2.95 each which just stick on. Looks good as well.

It does look good, l was thinking of replacing the ecoboost badge on the back with an S, but l think this looks better.

It does look good, l was thinking of replacing the ecoboost badge on the back with an S, but l think this looks better.

i put one below that

post-41797-0-65990200-1366322652_thumb.j

Little stunned not to see Hot Megenta yet.

Little stunned not to see Hot Megenta yet.

Not going to lie, not really too good looking for some reason. Looks nice on prefacelift, on the facelift it's just not as nice really.

De-tangoed & half de-badged.

Plus I've changed the interior lights (bar the map lights) to blue.

post-42320-0-08518200-1366409314_thumb.j

post-42320-0-61946500-1366409334_thumb.j

I used a small belt sander and gently sanded away the space I needed then bought a couple of S logos off ebay for £2.95 each which just stick on. Looks good as well.

That looks really good. Very nice job. Think I'm gonna have to do something v. similar. You don't have a link to the eBay badges, by any chance, do you mate?

De-tangoed & half de-badged.

Plus I've changed the interior lights (bar the map lights) to blue.

What bulbs does it take from memory? I'd check my book but its at home!

And are the map lights those directly above your head for driver?

I have changed my footwell lights to red after red ambient s obviously. Not sure what colour to do the main reading bulbs maybe a clear white or red... Don't think red would look right though.

And are the map lights those directly above your head for driver?

Yes, I left them standard as the blue looks good (IMO), but aren't that bright if you want to actually see anything.....

Can someone that already got his Fiesta 1.0 Zetec S post a youtube video of 0-60mph acceleration? :-)

Cant decide on which colour to go for, race red or nautical blue.. any thoughts? :)

Has anyone got any pictures of a nautical blue one? As ive only briefly saw one in person

Cant decide on which colour to go for, race red or nautical blue.. any thoughts? :)

Has anyone got any pictures of a nautical blue one? As ive only briefly saw one in person

I have race red and I love it, so.... go for blue... :P

aha bigmunkynutz to be honest i really like the red ones, then i saw a blue one from the front yesterday and thought it looked pretty good so im kind of torn now, what mpg are you getting?

Only getting about 39 mpg at the minute but its all town driving and short journeys.

Had it at mid 40's last week with a few motorway miles.

I too really like the blue, think it would pop more in the sun when polished and waxed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club